1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ft Wayne, IN Plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by golfstud88, Dec 20, 2012.

1. golfstud88

golfstud88 Member

I am looking to move to Ft. Wayne, IN shortly and have been thinking about getting back into the snow/landscaping business. I am wondering if anyone has any information on what the business is like there (assuming there is snow). Has it already been saturated or is there still the ability to be successful. Any information would be great. Thanks!

2. eludemann

eludemann Member

I know there are a lot of guys looking for plowing subs right now. As far as landscaping, they are a dime a dozen here.

3. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

All over the place anyone with a truck and a trailer is doing landscaping. As far has plowing as sub a lot of openings eludemann what part of the fort are you in?????

4. eludemann

eludemann Member

I'm south close to Markle. I sub plowing southwest. I do irrigation in the warmer months all over the city and wawasee areas.

5. blazer2plower

I'm in new Haven plow the southeast side. And new haven. I sell mowers all year. I bet we know each other from my work at the rental store in New haven

6. golfstud88

golfstud88 Member

I will be living on the west side of Ft. Wayne. My wife works in Warsaw so we are going to split the difference.

7. eludemann

eludemann Member

When are you moving here? Do you have a plow truck? If you need contacts, let me know. I have had many companies ask me to sub or run their equipment, so I know you can get something on the west side. Also, I have contacts in the landscaping field, if you need a good group to start out with.

8. golfstud88

golfstud88 Member

I will be moving there in early February. I currently do not have a plow truck. When I sold my previous landscaping business I sold all of my equipment as well. I have an Operations Management degree from OSU but I really do miss working in the landscaping business so that's why I am exploring that option as well.

9. blazer2plower

I can all so ask some of the landscapers that I know if they need help as well for plowing. But February is getting close to the end of the plowing session. There are a few companies to stay a way from as well.

10. golfstud88

golfstud88 Member

Do you have a store front for your mower sales?

11. blazer2plower

Yes its in New Haven its a rental store as well on Lima road SCAG walker and write. Mowers and echo and Shindaiwa. I do have some used stuff as well

12. golfstud88

golfstud88 Member

I ran all SCAG before so if I decide to get back in it you'll be the first one I call.

13. blazer2plower

Thanks golfstud88