1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FS: Whelen Edge 48" Lightbar, 80% NEW 10 Strobes 6 Halogens!!

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by stroker79, Jan 12, 2010.

1. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Things have changed for me and I will no longer need this bar. It looks like I will be out of the plowing business and I bought this bar for my other truck which I will be selling this summer most likely.

I dont have any pics because I never put it together yet, but I have it setup as a 10 strobe bar with J tube strobes on each corner and 3 linear tubes on the front and 3 on back. It looks as if it has 5 strobes in the front and 5 in back and 2 on each end. It also has alley lights, 2 forward facing halogen lights and 2 rear facing halogen lights. I can make either of the 2 front or rear flashing since it has the controller built in. It has all new lenses. All the strobes are BRAND NEW except for 3 which are in PERFECT condition. 4 halogens are BRAND NEW and the other 2 are in GREAT condition. still shiny. The cable is about 14' long and excellent shape.

I would like to build the bar and sell it for $680 FIRM. Shipping extra. This may seem like a lot but I spent that much in all the parts. A brand new bar like this $1,100. The only thing used on it are the aluminum housing (Great shape, no damage) and a couple strobe tubes and halogens. This is a great deal to anyone that wants nearly half off a new bar with ALL NEW LENSES.

I wont have everything together until next week sometime which is when Ill take pics and a lil video.

This bar will be VERY VERY bright and effective. It can be controlled by any combo of regular switches, no controller needed!!! I do not have a controller so none is included.

Who wants it?
  2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Hurry Doug, get that bar built. lol
  3. stroker79

LOL thats a new one.

You interested?
  4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Lol, I've got a few different ones I like to use. Keeps it fun.

Kinda Sorta Maybe Idk. If I had a truck that was really needing a lightbar, yes. But since I don't I'm not sure what I would do with it. It would look pretty dang good on my rusted out pos 91 s10 though. $680 lightbar on a truck that is worth about $3 and a 12 pack.
  5. stroker79

LOL Make sure you bolt it down real good. And chain it up peewee herman style LOL

I stumbled across your youtube video of your vertexs. I just bought 2 to put in some new china led front turn signals for my truck. My strobe tubes wouldnt fit. I got clear ones, should be in on thursday.
  6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

The vertex's are pretty nice. I would definitely buy them again. The next to no power draw is also nice if I want to leave them on for a long period of time without my truck running.
  7. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

nice bar doug...lemme know when you get it done...i bet i can move it