1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FS-- SnoMan 75LDA Back Plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by sappel138, Jan 10, 2011.

1. sappel138

sappel138 Member

About 4 years old. Has hydraulic up, left and right power angle. Gravity down. Works flawlessly. Problem I listed in the SnoMan forum earlier this season was because the connector was loose and I never thought to check it. Has never let me down. Used it in the last 2 snows we got here in Easton, and roadtripped with it to Asbury Park, NJ after the recent blizzard to dig out family members. Wasn't planning on selling. But, I just got hit with some big medical bills (kind of stuff insurance only tells you they won't cover in the fine, itty bitty little print on page #4,799). Need $$$.

The bad- Has an OK repaint job. Ground her down, treated all surface rust and re-shot her with standard safety red. I think it looks fine. It's a heavy-duty work tool. It's not built to be pretty.

The Good: Has new solenoid, new joystick controller, new pump motor, all new hydraulic lines and fittings, fresh fluid change 3 weeks ago, all new 4" stainless steel carriage bolts on the cutting blade. .

So, the important things (i.e. EXPENSIVE stuff that could break in the middle of a storm) are all new within the last year and has less than 4 hours on it. I have used this for my driveway, a few neighbors, my family, and 1-2 charity cases. Nothing heavy commercial. This plow will give someone years of trouble-free ownership.

It's ready for a new owner. The only thing I need to do is pull the control cable that I have running from the cab to the back of the truck. Not a big deal. Can deliver this anytime.

New these are $2,998. Asking $1700. If you meet my asking price and have cash or money order ready, I am willing to drive within 200 miles (from zip 21601) to deliver to you. I am willing to consider reasonable offers.

I will be posting pics tomorrow night. I just wanted to get this on the board and get some folks thinking about it. Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  2. sappel138

sappel138 Member

Pics

Here are the pics. Anyone has questions, please e-mail or PM me.

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

3. fordsup04

fordsup04 Member

Man i just bought a plow for my atv... Your on easternshore as well. i am in salisbury. I would love to have it. let me think for a few hours. Whats your bottom dollar cash money today.

4. sappel138

sappel138 Member

PM Sent to you.

5. sappel138

sappel138 Member

Adding on...

BUMP! And I'm adding some stuff to perhaps entice a buyer...

1) One 80watt strobe power pack with 4 hide away bulbs and 4 15ft extension cables.
    2) 4 high power amber strobe lights. I had these on the front/rear of my truck. BRIGHT!
    3) FREE DELIVERY within 200 miles of zip 21601.

CIMG0670.JPG

6. JTK324

JTK324 Senior Member

Will you sell just the4 surface mount strives with box separately ?

7. sappel138

sappel138 Member

not at this time. I want it all gone at once. If whoever buys the plow doesn't want them, I will list separately.

8. sappel138

sappel138 Member

Some Input?

Selfless BUMP BUMP BUMP

Hey Everyone-
    Getting a little frustrated. Thought I might have sold this by now. Had it on EBay. It had 387 pages visits, 23 watchers and 0 bids.

It's a great plow. Like I said, all the really important stuff was replaced (pump motor, controller, lines) because I was planning on keeping. I figured, since they're $2998 new, that this is a good deal at $1,700 considering all the brand new stuff on it. The offers I've gotten have been under $1,000.

Am I missing something? Am I way off base? I'm being serious here and would appreciate some constructive input. You guys (and gals) here obviously have the "in the industry" knowledge to tell me- is my price too high? Just not the right time? I figured with all the storms the Northeast Region keeps getting, there would be some interest in this. Also, I did a search before posting this. The last time any one of these was for sale on here, the price was the same (or more) and the plow was not in as good of shape.

If you're looking to flame me for nasty, combative comments I supposedly made recently on other postings, it wasn't me. Someone in my family responded to a bunch of posts on this forum (and another forum I belong to) when I stupidly left myself logged into this site AND left it open on my PC. I had a posting about this (and apologizing for his behavior) earlier this week, but it was removed without an explanation.

Any help input you all can give would be appreciated. Difficult time right now with wife's medical bills make $$$ THE priority. Selling a lot of personal stuff I wasn't planning on getting rid of. But, you have to do what you have to do!

Thanks in advance gang!

9. fordsup04

fordsup04 Member

I think the problem is that its to small only 7.5 plus its rated for homeowner use. I would love to have it but not at that price reason being its just to small

10. sappel138

sappel138 Member

That sounds reasonable to me from a personal value perspective. Each person has an idea about what it would be worth to them. But you say a 7.5 is "too small", but your Boss is an inch bigger at 7.6?

But, I haven't seen any back blades (used or new) in very good condition for the same price. The homeowner ones are $2998 new. The commercial ones are quite a bit more. Are you saying that a like-new plow with $850 worth of new hardware is worth $1,000? That doesn't seem to make sense to me.

I may need to sell this, but that doesn't mean that I am going to be taken advantage of price-wise. I am not desperate. This same type of plow (in NOT as good of condition) a few months ago had people saying that they would pay $1700-$1900. That's what I have based my price on. Even taking into account that was the asking price 7-8 months ago, this plow is in perfect mechanical shape AND this is prime season. There's a LOT more snow to come. I'm sure with the added efficiency of this plow on someone's rig and the extra jobs one could do, it would worst-case scenario pay for itself for someone with well-established accounts (which I don't have).

If I don't have a buyer by Friday, it goes to my church. They have a truck to put it on. I can get more than $1,000 in tax write-off for the donation, even if I have to wait for it.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  11. ISLDSNOWREMOVAL

ISLDSNOWREMOVAL Junior Member

what about the lights i would take the led suface mounts and box how much???

12. sappel138

sappel138 Member

For sale as package only at this time. Thanks though!

13. sappel138

sappel138 Member

LAST Chance!

BUMP BUMP BUMP....

Last chance-- $1,500 ABSOLUTE BOTTOM PRICE. Will sell with the lights AND I'll deliver up to 300 miles.....I don't know how I can make this deal any better. It goes this weekend regardless. I can't keep it sitting any more.

14. ksnow

ksnow Member

PM me interested or call me 336 589 4219 thanks

15. sappel138

sappel138 Member

Sold sold sold sold sold sold