1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FS or Trade 1959 IH A-160 4x4 Snogo

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Bluebeard, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Bluebeard

Bluebeard Junior Member

This truck has 1300 original miles on it and is in excellent condition and is located in Truckee, CA. The body is straight and has no rust to speak of, new windshield, running gear runs well, IH 6 cylinder gas engine in front and Continental B371 L head gas engine in the rear both run well, new hydraulic pump (to raise and lower blower, and to rotate chute). All it needs is a nice shiny new paint job. I'm not sure there is anything out there with this low of mileage and beautiful condition. I believe it was the plow truck for Alpine County airport (Alpine county is the least populated county in California with 1100 residents now- just consider how many there were in 1959! And then figure out how many of them had airplanes!) This truck probably spent most of its life locked in a garage for the one time a year the runway needed to be cleared.

I purchased it about 8 years ago and bought it for $3500 and ended up spending quite a bit of money on it to dial everything in. I bought as a back up to blow my mile long dirt driveway in Truckee. My neighbor just bought a new bobcat high volume hydraulic blower and offered me to use it when I wanted. So my wife wants me to get it out of our yard. The only issues I know of are: the pressure plate on the rockwell PTO needed to be rebuilt and when the mechanics were finished and set up the manual linkage, I didn't like where the handle was when it was engaged. So I went and "fixed it" now I cannot get it back to a place where it will engage. It is just a clevis pin, and shouldn't be that complicated, but for the life of me I cannot figure it out. The other thing is the truck is bone stock except for a new heater in the front and also I cut a hole in the dash to mount gauges that were easier to see. Other than that it is bone-stock and in immaculate condition.

I don't expect to get all the money I put into it, out of it. I've never had a vehicle which I sold for more than I put into it. I will entertain all reasonable offers. I am also looking for a kubota tractor, mini-excavator, a Honda trail motorcycle, mining equipment or whatever. I would consider cash, partial trade or full trade.

If you were a collector of these types of vehicles, I don't expect you could find one in better condition, anywhere. If you had a snow removal business and wanted a simple, classic and durable vehicle, I don't think you could go wrong there either. Oh.... did I mention that even the leather knuckle boots on the front steering knuckles are still intact?

I have photos here: http://s1031.photobucket.com/albums/y378/sinsky1/1959 A-160 4x4 Snogo/

Rick in Truckee, CA
    mtnblue@exwire.com
    530-587-1920

2. Bluebeard

Bluebeard Junior Member

Truck was listed on ebay this morning