1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FS: New Whelen lightbar and beacon

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by brian79z, Aug 6, 2011.

1. brian79z

brian79z Junior Member
    from NW Ohio

Just came across these after a local business went up for auction. Brand new in the box.

Whelen 2 bulb halogen rotators, Model #R2DXP 12volt
    Whelen Spec manual: http://www.whelen.com/install/132/13247.pdf
    Flat mount (no magnets or suction cups)

Whelen single strobe beacon, Model #2022 12volt
    Standard beacon with an additional weather enclosure with pipe or surface mount.
    Weather enclosure seems to also allow beacon to "float" - possibly for shock absorbtion.

Pictures are the 2 worst models I have in the bunch.
    The beacon is flawless.
    The lightbar has a slight swell at the bottom, which flattens out when mounted. All other units are perfect.

Somebody's Ebay #150633888672 sold for $96 shipping included on July 22nd for a USED one with scratched lenses

Selling the rotator lightbars for $75 each (cheap shipping included) USA Only
    strobe beacons for $60 each (cheap shipping included) USA Only

Contact me through here or at: Brian1911 (at) g m a i l (dot-com)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

How many of the light bars do you have?

3. brian79z

brian79z Junior Member
    from NW Ohio

http://www.plowsite.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1296431
    I've got quite a few right now. Just brought them home. I see that you're in Ontario north of Toronto. I'm about 2.5 hrs southwest of the Windsor Bridge. I can ship a few to Canada for actual shipping costs.... but I never shipped a lot of stuff to Canada at once to know if there are any quirks about the process.

4. brian79z

brian79z Junior Member
    from NW Ohio

Clarification:

The pictures are the 2 worst models I have in the bunch. The rest of the bunch is flawless.
    The beacon is flawless. (yeah.. the worst one is flawless)
    This pictured lightbar has a slight swell at the bottom, which flattens out when mounted. All other units I am selling are perfect.

I am leaving for Rockford, IL for the week on business. From Aug 8 - 12.

5. brian79z

brian79z Junior Member
    from NW Ohio

I just found a bunch of rotators in a box that look just like the one pictured in the original post.

They have the base bowed out (from a year of storage in a hot pole barn, I am told)
    Also, because of the bow on the base, it cracked the corners of the lens (as shown in pic)

If you push down on the assembly, the base flattens out nicely. Mounting the base on a solid surface also flattens it out nicely.

I will sell these for $60 (includes cheap shipping in the US)

Brian1911 (at) g m a i l (dot com)

[​IMG]

6. brian79z

brian79z Junior Member
    from NW Ohio

I am out of the perfect dual rotators.. I have a bunch of the bowed rotators and beacons left.

7. LouieDog

LouieDog Junior Member
    from chicago

Do you have any pictures or specs of the remaining rotators and beacons?

8. brian79z

brian79z Junior Member
    from NW Ohio

I can get more pics & specs... but the pics will look the same, and the specs will be what I listed on the first post. Is there something you needed me to get for you specifically? What can I do for you?

9. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

Do you have any of the strobe beacons left?

10. brian79z

brian79z Junior Member
    from NW Ohio

All I have are the single strobes left. Brand new. no cosmetic or electrical faults.

11. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

they all have the clear dome over top the regular amber dome? and do you know the flash pattern?

12. brian79z

brian79z Junior Member
    from NW Ohio

Yes, they have a clear dome over an amber dome.

If I recall correctly, flash pattern is simple... flash, pause, flash, pause, flash, pause, flash, pause

13. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

Not that simple, That model has four different patterns and a high/low control.

Here's the manual
    http://www.whelen.com/install/134/13439.pdf

What are the dimensions of the strobe with the outer case? How many do you have? Know someone who may need a few for a couple dump trucks.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I wish I'd have seen these when you listed them. I'd have taken a few dual rotators.

15. brian79z

brian79z Junior Member
    from NW Ohio

-------------------------

Well there ya go... Always help on here! 4 flash patterns according to the manual. I have about 10 left.

Base is 6 1/4"
    Height is 6 3/4"

16. brian79z

brian79z Junior Member
    from NW Ohio

Just a few left....