1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FS: Meyer 7-12' - 96 Dodge 2500

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by PerfiCut L&L, Sep 15, 2006.

1. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

I have a 7-1/2' meyers plow for a 96 dodge 2500. Plow has 2 small holes approx 1" diameter, in the face. I've owned it for 2 years, and its probably about 4-6 years old (not sure) Ive replaced all the hydraulic lines last year, repainted it, and had the pump rebuilt all last year. Also, had a new solenoid installed. Comes with joystick type controller. Blade is fine for probably one more season depending on how much use you put on it. For me I could probably get 2 more seasons.

The truck is a 96 dodge 2500 4x4 v-10 reg cab, 8' bed, has about 80k miles on now. Looking to sell just the plow so I can upgrade to a western 8-1/2', but will sell truck and plow together if need be. Looking to get a Diesel anyhow. All new brake lines front to rear, new master cylinder, new pads the whole works last fall. Very strong truck, will last a number of years, if you take care of it. Only thing wrong is it has no AC. HEAT works fine, but no AC. May just nead recharging, dont know, never worked for me, and I never took it in. Compressor kicks on but air is warm. Cant think of anything else.

I paid 8500 for the truck and plow 2 years. Put about 3k into it in repairs mechanicaly and cosmeticaly. No idea what to ask and I dont know what the market is selling at so I'll take offers.