1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FS Legend Bar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Mark13, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 22" Federal Signal Legend all amber led bar that's decided to start acting up. There is 2 different "cells" in it (3 leds each) that don't want to work right. One will go into dim mode but still flash and the other will not light up at all. If you take your hand and firmly smack the top of the light bar both cells will flash as they should. 30 seconds later it's back to the one cell not being lit up and the other cell being dim. Aside from those two the rest of the bar works perfectly. I took it apart the other day and checked grounds, cleaned connections up,etc and it didn't fix the problem. If it matters the two problematic cells are not next to each other, there is 2-3 cells between them that work perfectly.

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Any one have an idea?

3. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Sounded like something loose but since you cleaned it up may be bad control board.

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Well crap. What's something like that go for and how easy is it to repair or replace?

Would finding a dwarf to sit on my toolbox and hit the lightbar every 30 seconds be cheaper? :cool:

5. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

Do you have any pics of the lights? And can you get access to the actual LEDs?

6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I can take it apart enough to get to the leds. The diodes themselves work, they will light up and flash. It's whatever tells them to power on, what power level (dim/bright), and flash that's not working right.

7. Buck331

Buck331 Member