1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FS: Down Easter Dump Insert 8' (Ontario)

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Triple L, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

8' Downeaster dump insert for sale, good condition, only used 1 winter, then stored inside for the rest, the unit is a 07, I've never had a single issue with it. Used mainly for grass clippings...

Reason for selling - I bought a new truck last year, and just finally realized I'll only ever own a ext. cab short box or crew cab short box from here on in... I've had it sitting around all year, my gaycab long box truck has its retirement plan in the works, so I have absolutly no use for it and I never will anymore...

Installation is REALLY SIMPLE, 2 wires to the battery and throw the controller threw the cab and away you go...

Selling as shown without the tarp kit

$2,500

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Wish it was stainless.. I'd be all over replacing one of our older ones..

Free bump either way for a great price on a great product.

3. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Mine is Stainless and I will be going up to Erie at the beginnig of Oct.

4. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I wish you had told me you were looking for one. I almost bought a stainless in the states a few weeks back, but lowballed the guy to much. If I had known you wanted it I would have not tried to get the salter for $1500.

5. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Not really looking.. Just one of those things if it comes around at the right price.. I'd change out a steel for stainless..

6. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

yep, for sure. I will let you know then, what are you looking to spend? I might be able to get one in the $2500 range in decent shape, no salter though, that's what I am doing it for.

7. Triple L

from Canada

....................................................^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

what he said.....

8. Triple L

from Canada

bump... cant belive there's not even any tire kickers on this one....

9. Triple L

from Canada

bump.........

10. Triple L

from Canada

bump.......

11. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

100$ :)...

12. Triple L

from Canada

Comeon Stefan, grab that truckcraft salter that for sale on here and away you go... got yourself another salt truck this winter!

13. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Have to agree with the stainless comments from others, but who knows what happens.

14. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I'll be the first "tire kicker" how about 1200.00? And what happen to the DownEaster stickers? We have one that we bought in 2005 or 06 and its getting rusty in a few places but the stickers are still like new. We also only paid 2089.00 for the bed and around 200 bucks for the cab protector. So I guess prices have gone up a bit since 2005/06 eh? Shipping would be a killer tho.

15. Triple L

from Canada

I debadged it... Why advertise for downeaster?
    I'll also add, its a whole different world up in Canada...
    Thanks for the offer but I'll let it sit at the shop for the next 10 years before I sell it for that...
    Its only been used 1 winter, then taken out and stored inside every winter after that... Very little rust

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  16. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

LOL I would too! I see your point for advertising. I hate it when you buy a new vehicle and the dealer plasters your car with stickers and license plate covers with their name on it.

17. Triple L

from Canada

bump.......

18. Triple L

from Canada

Dump Insert has been sold to a plowsite member!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Sorry to hear that.