1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FS - Cummins 3/4 ton SLT + automatic

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by treegump, Jul 7, 2009.

1. treegump

treegump Junior Member

Located in Northwest Indiana - $14,000 obo (The only reason I'm selling this is because I need something that gets better than 18mpg - so I'm looking at Jetta diesels or equivalent and then I'll look around for a 70's-90's diesel pickup - and I'm asking this price (obo) because this is close to what I owe on it)

2001 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab, Long Bed, with the 59 L cummins 24 valve diesel, 4x4, Automatic Transmission (47RE), 126,000 miles (6/29/09)
    - SLT + (Heated leather seats, auto/heated mirrors, CD/Tape/AM/FM surround sound stereo, A/C, tilt wheel, cruise control, sliding rear window, auto windows & locks, remote start, alarm, ABS, air bags, power seats, bumper hitch tow package, cruise control)
    -after market remote starter with 2 controllers
    -matching running boards for cab & bed (passenger side has minor damage)
    -4" exhaust from cab back w/ 5" chrome tip (has muffler - not sure if its stock though)
    -Superchips w/ programmer
    -bedliner (equivalent to rhino lined)
    -Like new all terrain tires (Load range D)
    -FASS fuel pump (air/water separator set-up)
    -Steering Stabilizer brackets - http://www.pscmotorsports.com/sb100-dodge-4wd-9402-2500-3500-steering-stabilizer-p-90.html
    -DT profab rebuildable tracbar - http://www.dtprofab.com/large/tracbarkitfull.jpg
    -new tie rods as of June of '09
    -new wheel bearings, ball joints, rotors, pads as of Mar '09
    -new steering gear box in Dec of 08 - still some play, but too afraid so far to try and adjust - looking at redheadsteeringbox for a new box
    -BHAF air filter (I do have the stock box and K&N filter)
    -Aftermarket fog lamps on front - under front bumper (in my opinion are better than stock)(see pics)
    -Aftermarket additional back-up lamps underneath bed - shines more light out (see pics)

Rarely pulled - maybe once every 2 months - either my CJ5 or some firewood
    Rarely hauled - maybe once a month - firewood
    Oil changed every 5,000 miles
    Transmission fluid and filter changed every 24-30,000 miles (along with adjustment bands)
    Tires rotated every 5-10,000 miles
    8,800 gvwr, overload rear leaf springs, heavy-duty rear drum brakes (front=discs)
    Heater core works great! Was able to start truck in chicago winter = -15 degree morning w/o core plugged in (landlords gfci was crap) - heater core did just fine!
    needs a new cup holder - $85 from stealership - currently the space serves my ext cb speaker

Mainly a daily driver - working in chicago and living in Indiana - need something better than 17-21 mpg - the heated seats are wonderful with a sore back!! especially on long drives - I bought this truck at 68,000 miles for a Daily Driver/hauler/work truck - but I drive more than anything else and need to find a cheaper mode of transportation now that I'm buying a house If you would like more information - please let me know!

Pics - http://picasaweb.google.com/fprawlins/TruckForSale?feat=directlink

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

price??????

3. treegump

treegump Junior Member

sorry about that - I'm looking for $14,000 obo (its pretty much what I owe on it -but I can work a little bit on the price)

4. THEGOLDPRO

5. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

You got a picture of passenger side of motor along block by the exhaust mainifold? Also what block is it? Is it a 53 block. Should have a sticker on valve cover or other 53 stamps on block.

6. treegump

treegump Junior Member

Thank you for pointing out the kbb, and trust me, if I owed that amount on it, I'd probably ask for that amount. But, I've also taken into consideration everything that has been replaced in the front end and the parts that have been added (the stabilizer, as well as the rebuildable tracbar), and FASS fuel pump, and the programmer, I feel that it is worth a little more than what KBB has priced. (which is only about a grand and a half)

7. treegump

treegump Junior Member

I've never been asked that...to be quite honest - I'll take a picture of it after work. Just curious - but what's it matter? Aren't all straight 6, 5.9 L, 24 vlv, VIN 6 (not 7-not the HO) motors assembled with the same parts? (pardon my idiocy if not)

8. treegump

treegump Junior Member

Recheck the picture link - It'll show that side of the block. Also, I'll post the vin and axle/truck weight(s) on that first post

9. treegump

treegump Junior Member

VIN # - 1B7KF23611J227938

Front GAWR = 5200 lb (w/ 245/75/16) - my truck has 265/75/16 load range D
    Rear GAWR = 6084 lb (w/ 245/75/16) /

GVWR = 8800 lb

10. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

Gold pro works for kbb now

11. treegump

treegump Junior Member

ohhhh...ok. Well, I didn't mean any offense or anything by my response, I was just stating what I thought my truck was worth and the reason behind posting it for that price. I also wanted to remind him/everyone that I did put obo on there, so I am a little open to negotiations.

12. THEGOLDPRO

no im just sick of people posting their trucks on here for wayyyyyyy more then they are worth because they THINK they are worth it. so now everytime i see someone post a vehicle for more then the kbb i just post the link.

13. treegump

treegump Junior Member

I gotcha - but I guess it just depends on what the aftermarket parts already installed are worth to the buyer. And as many people have told me in the past - what will asking more hurt? If someone were interested they would make an offer. Hence the "obo" . I'm no dealership, so I'm not restricted to whatever pricing they have. But, I thank you for posting that link, because I'm only asking about a grand a half more...obo.

Its never seen a snow plow so the front end hasn't been stressed yet, and its got a lot of luxurious on the inside which I could see people wanting - especially when its -15 outside.

14. THEGOLDPRO

yea i dont mean you specifucally your truck is basically right on the money, i mean other people mostly asking 4-5k more for theirs because it has rims or some crap.

15. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

99-01 can have the 53 block in them. So not all Cummins were created equal. About 100k of them were a bit weaker in the longevity department. I know someone who just had one blowning coolant out the side of block just this past weekend. Cummins actually did a partial buy back on that series of blocks. They would give you 1500 off a new block I think

http://www.stamey.info/Truck/Cummins53BlockFAQ.htm

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  16. treegump

treegump Junior Member

apparently i was looking in the wrong place - i'll take another gander at it tonight.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009