1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FS (CT): Salt Dogg Poly/Elec sander

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Menghi08F150LT, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Menghi08F150LT

Menghi08F150LT Junior Member

Model No. SHPE0750 0.75cu/yd capacity Sander / spreader... poly hopper with auger and spinner. Electric. This is the small one that can fit in the bed of a Ranger, or even a UTV. This was used only a few times in 2011 (never commerical, it was used on two driveways) and just needs a clean-up. Was purchased brand new in 2011, used once, and I purchased it from the person who bought it in Worcester MA. Maintained during the season with the bearings being regularly greased after use. Has been stored in a garage since 2012, when it was removed from the truck.

Comes with control, harness, cover, and it has a built in vibrator. Comes with the standard chute. Does not have the straps (misplaced a couple), so you would need to bring your own. This model can also spread seed from what I've read.

I'm selling this because I have bought a larger truck and am in the market for a larger sander.

Brand new these are $3500.
    Looking to trade for a bigger sander in similar condition (up to 8 ft), even or partial. $1000 firm.

Will not deliver, will meet within an hour of Waterford, CT if distance is an issue.

Also have a Western 1000 for parts, if anyone needs a part off of it let me know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  2. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping Senior Member

wow id really like to get this! a bit far though. any interest in an 8' airflow stainless that needs a motor?

3. Menghi08F150LT

Possibly, if that's all it needs. Shoot me an email with some pictures, distance is a bit of an issue but for the right deal I'll take a little road trip (great excuse to get out for the day)! To you would be 8 hours, maybe we can work something out to meet in the middle?

choppt727mco@yahoo.com

couple more pics too... the controls/tangled harness and chute.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was bought new at Martin Tire and Auto Repair in Worchester MA

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  4. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping Senior Member

i sent pictures. I didn't realize that I have no pictures of the inside but I will get them this week if your interested.

5. Menghi08F150LT

From the company website:

"The SaltDogg® spreaders is a completely self-contained, ultra-durable spreader unit designed for ice and snow control. The rugged design allows for use with salt or salt/sand mix, and is also ideal for broadcsting seed, fertilizer, game feed, etc. The complete assembly mounts easily on utility vehicles, or ¼-ton pickups, making it ideal for municipalities, shopping malls, industries, hospitals and private contractors."

http://www.saltdogg.com/salt_spreader/shpe0750.html
    http://www.saltdogg.com/salt_spreader/electrichopperspreaders/SHPE0750.html

6. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Free Bump!! That is a great spreader i have used mine commercially for 2 years now and love this thing. I like the fact you can see over it easily and its light enough to pop in and out easily