1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FS Buyers 8 foot V-box

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Tediesel, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Tediesel

Tediesel Member

I have an 8 foot Buyers V-box 3 years old. Body is very solid and in good shape. The 8hp briggs motor runs good but the carb needs rebuilt, you need to leave the choke on and once it gets warmed up it stalls out and it tough to restart. It has recoil and electric start. The recoil rope is broken so I just use the electric You can get a new 10.5 hp briggs online for $325 if it came down to it. It comes with the inverted v and top grate. The trough is in good solid shape and so is the conveyor chain. The spinner and rear bearings are free but either the gear box or the front bearings are locked up. I don't know which one it is but they can probobly be freed up with a heat wrench and a pipe wrench but I don't have time to mess around. The clutch worked good when it was used last. I don't have the cab controls for it but you could just use a 12 volt push button switch to start it from the cab and a 12 volt on off for the clutch. Let me know if you have any other questions. Since a new one is about $3500 with the price of steel now a days I'dlike to get $1250, that's half the price of new minus $500 for the carb, bearings or a gear box or whatever it needs. I can load with my skid steer, will not ship, Any questions just ask. [​IMG]