1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FS BLACK BOSS 9'2" V-XT Steel

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by pitrack, Jan 6, 2014.

1. pitrack

pitrack Senior Member

Bought new in Fall of 08' steel 9'2" Boss V-XT. Had it stripped of whatever rust was there and powder coated black in the fall of last year so no rust on plow only minor rust on a couple springs. Have all new white decals for the plow just never put them on. Plow has smart locks. New cutting edges late season last year and the plow was used for mostly residential so basically new edges. Always stored inside.

Price is for plow only, asking $4,700.

Pic with white truck is how it sits now.[​IMG]

Pic with black truck is after the plow was powder coated last year.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I really like the looks of the black. Did you put the old style cutting edges on it? Wondering why?

Also, I can nearly buy a brand new one for that price.

3. pitrack

pitrack Senior Member

Those aren't the old style cutting edges I don't believe?

Curious where you can buy a brand new one for that price? Was just throwing it out there to see if I got any offers.

4. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I can't see the curb guards on them that the new style has on them. Might just be deceptive where the whole thing is black.

As for price, I can buy a brand new one for $6,000 installed. So, take away install and all the truckside gear, and you're going to be less than $5 grand.

5. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

Seems a bit overpriced for a used plow, but at least it's in good shape.

I couldn't buy a black plow, as I plow mostly at night, and I'd be sure to have some jack a mole run directly into me because he couldn't see my truck with the blacked out plow.

Interesting looking, though.

6. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Looks sharp! No offense but I got a quote for one @ 4400$ Bought a nice used for 2500$ Good luck with sale though.

7. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

How much was the powder coating job ? I was thinking about doing my Meyer black end of this season