1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FS: 96 Ram 2500 - Great Work Truck

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by PerfiCut Inc., Feb 23, 2008.

1. PerfiCut Inc.

PerfiCut Inc. Senior Member
    from Eastern

Repost- since I cant seem to find my original post.

I am selling one of our trucks in order to upgrade to a contractors dump. The truck is a 96 Dodge Ram V-10, has about 78k miles on it. Reg cab, 8' bed. I bought it a few years ago, and with the intention of keeping it for a while, I have done a fair amount up repairs, maitenance and what not to get it back into solid state.

The truck had a fair amount of rust on it, which had taken its toll on a number of things. Heres the work we've done to it.

1. New break lines, front to back, master cylinder, and flex lines.
    2. New breaks of course
    3. New Starter
    4. New Heavy Duty high amperage Battery
    5. Replaced some interior components, window switches, plastic nobs, cup holder.
    6. New Engine mounts
    7. Rebuild transmission (has less than 200 miles on it)
    8. Tune Up, New Plugs, Wires, Coil, Injectors. (less than 200 miles ago)
    9. Upgraded to larger 32" tires. With full size spare.
    10. Replaced carpet right after we bought it. It had a diesel odor to it which was driving me crazy.

I think thats about it. There might be more but off the top of my head this is all I can remember right now.

The truck runs good, and is a great work truck. Theres only a couple of negative things that I can think of.
    1. Headliner is starting to come loose
    2. Tailgate has a dent in it. Someone backed into the crank on one of our trailers. The gate closes and works fine, just has a dent.
    3. Could use a good cleaning.

I think in 3 years we may have put 10k miles on it. We didnt really use the truck as much as we anticipated. Which is why we have chosen to upgrade to something we need.

*** The truck is fitted with a western uni-mount and I have two blades an 8' and a 9' if your interested. Extra of course.

*** I also have a meyers old school, yellow tailgate style salt spreader. I has been welded and fabricatedt to now fit into the trailer hitch reciever. Extra of course.

The pics show a meyers blade. We wised up and got rid of that and have installed a western blade. This season.
    [​IMG]
    Another Picture
    One More Picture

If your interested, please EMAIL ME I would like $3500.00 for the truck.

2. Snowguy01

Snowguy01 Senior Member
    from Erie

how much for the 8 ft plow

3. PerfiCut Inc.

PerfiCut Inc. Senior Member
    from Eastern

I'll let the 8' er go for $2500 with the truck.