1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FS 88 Chevy R30 Dump 8' Meyer L-Pack

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by jfgold, Jan 1, 2007.

1. jfgold

jfgold Junior Member

Hi all,

I am selling my 1988 Chevy R30 1 ton dump truck with Meyer 8' power angle plow. Bought truck with plow several years ago to do some work at my house and beach house and work is competed. Has 8.5 foot Crysteel mason dump and very nice L-pack utility box. Truck has 350 4BBL with 400 turbo trans and 4:88 or 5:13 rear. Engine purrs like a kitten! Has a slight exhaust leak but not enough to fail recent inspection. Tires are in good shape with new stainless wheel simulators. Truck was owned by a municipal water company and fleet maintained before I bought it in July of 2004. I've only put ~ 3000 miles on the truck in the over two years that I owned it. Truck has a recent tune up, new water pump and alternator. Just had it inspected in Delaware less than 50 miles ago and tags are good until September 2008. Interior is a typical fleet truck; no air, radio or any other bells and whistles. Seat is in OK shape a bit ripped on the drivers side. Dash is cracked from the sun in several places. When I bought the truck the underside of the dump was rotted out. Nephew is a boilermaker and he rebuilt the whole underside of the bed with 10 gauge steel. A new combination Pintle 2 5/16" ball was installed recently. I thought I would put feelers out here before putting it on eBay. I will add pictures galor tomorrow. Truck is located 12 miles south of the Philadelphia airport just over the DE. state line. Any questions feel free to call me at 302-373-3333. I have a pick up truck that I am buying later this month and want to get this truck off of my policy. I am asking $4800.00 here before putting it on eBay.

2. jfgold

jfgold Junior Member

Pictures Added

Here are a five pictures which are just a sampling of the 50 or so I took today but the site only allows five. I had to put a new alternator on the truck today. Upgraded from a 78 amp to a 94 Amp with lifetime warranty from Pep Boys so the receipt will get you a new one for the life of the truck as I got it under a garage name! I didn't clean the engine up but I will and post updated pictures. The wood sides that you see in the dump bed are included. It's heading to eBay later this week if I get no interest here so let me know. Once again, I have a LOT more pictures so if you want any additional ones or for more information contact me at gold4@comcast.net or 302-373-3333.

1good frnt overall.JPG

2good drivers side overall.JPG

3good pass side overall.JPG

7dump up back.JPG

21from front pump view.JPG

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

is it a 4x4???
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The "R" in R30 would make it a 2WD. For years GM's designated their trucks as "C" for 2WD and an "K" if it was 4WD. In 87' they changed it to "R" for 2WD and "V" for a 4WD. Then when they changed the body style they went back to the "C" and "K" designation's. BTW jfgold, are you positive that it is an 8 foot plow? Not trying to tell you about your own equipment but the plow in your pics is an ST 7.5 not and 8'. That would make a huge difference to some buyer's.Just trying to help.
  5. jfgold

jfgold Junior Member

Will check plow dimensions

Thanks for the heads up! I will check the plow size and repost if it is smaller than 8'. I never used this to plow anything but my culdesac and driveway as I didn't have commercial insurance on it. Yes it is a 2WD but worked fine in a 18" snow we had here a few years ago. I did put some weight in the back so I am not sure how it would be without the weight. I will run up to the shop where the truck is and get the plow size so as not to mislead anyone. Thanks again for your input and have a great New Year!
  6. jfgold

jfgold Junior Member

Updated information PLEASE READ!

I must apoligize for a few errors in my post for my 1988 Chevy R30 for sale. I just went up and measured everything about the truck and the dimensions are as follows:

Plow 7' 6"
    Dump bed 8' long by 78" inside dimensions
    Wheelbase 160"
    L-pack top width 24"
    L-pack lower width 48"

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

7. jfgold

jfgold Junior Member

Put in in the local paper starting tomorrow

Put the truck in the local paper starting tomorrow, any interest??
  8. jfgold

jfgold Junior Member