1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FS: 2005 Sierra 2500HD w/ Blizzard 810 and spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Q101ATFD, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

I'm downsizing what I run this winter due to having less contracts. I am selling as a package deal, but might consider selling just the truck and keeping the plow as a backup.

Anyways, it's a 2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD with the 8.1L / 496ci big block and Allison transmission. It's a 4x4 regular cab/long bed work truck with 136,000 miles on it and runs great. It's got new brakes all around, new leafs and torsion bars, and a take-off set of wheels/tires with less than 5,000 miles. It also has a headache rack, toolbox, and strobe light on top. The 4x4 shifter is floor mounted.

The Blizzard 810 PP is only 2 years old, and pre-DD merger (separate light tower), with less than 40 hours on it. It's in great shape with minimal rust and no bent wings. The spreader is a Sno-Way tailgate spreader that holds 6x 80lb bags - it's got a variable speed controller.

If you're worried about the mileage - they're all highway, I bought it from a power company off lease. It was a scout truck. After I bought the truck last year, I replaced ALL the fluids with synthetic and added the new style towing mirrors.

I am looking for $14,000 or best offer. Don't try to low-ball me - I've been in this game for a while and know what this stuff is worth. I'm in SW Ohio, and can travel a reasonable distance to meet. Send me a PM if interested.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  2. bossman22

bossman22 Senior Member

If you sell the truck only would you think about selling the plow mount?

3. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

All sounds reasonable. Any way to see a few pictures of the truck and plow? If not the plow at least the truck. Thanks.

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Sounds quite fairly priced IMHO

5. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

I will have pictures of the truck up on Sunday.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

More... and a few small truck ones to get you started, not showing the toolbox, towing mirrors, or strobe on top.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  7. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

The plow also has a deflector that is not shown...

8. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

must suck to live 2 feet from your neighbors house.

9. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

14 k for the whole thing? truck and plow?

10. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Uh? You sure that plow saw any snow? It looks perfect! Is that a recent picture?

11. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Like I said, less than 40 hours on that particular plow - and indoor storage during the off-season. The pictures were taken earlier this week.

12. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

If you get to the point of wanting to separate. I know you said you might keep it as a backup, but yeah, if that changes for whatever reason, I am very very interested in that plow.

Jon

13. Burkartsplow

Interested in the truck and plow combo. Could you email me some more pics of the truck and engine. Thanks
    Aaron
    burkartlandscape@yahoo.com

14. Burkartsplow

Still Interested. I sent you an email and a PM. Is it still for sale. Thanks

15. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Sorry, here are the additional pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  16. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Thats a tempting set up. But the 8.1 is what scares me. Bad fuel mileage

17. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Compared to what? Looks like a money maker to me, cant beat the allison trans and big block Chevy power. Good luck with the sale.

18. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Compared to...Lets say the 6.0

19. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Neither the 6.0 nor 8.1 get good mileage when you're plowing - I've done it with both.

20. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

What ever engine you get there all terrible. I have a friend that has the 8.1 and loves it, he got it over the diesel