1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fs: 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Q101ATFD, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

I'm selling my 2005 Chevy Silverado 3/4 ton truck to get a Duramax. It's GM Certified with the 100,000 mile warranty. Now for some specifics: 6.0L V8 gas engine, red in color, extended cab, short bed (6.5'), with 29,500 miles. This truck is in mint condition. It has the snow plow prep package, a yellow-top optima battery ($200), towing package and the 16" aluminum wheels. The cloth interior is charcoal color, and it has the LS package with CD player, front bucket seats, electronic 4x4 selector, and leather wrapped steering wheel. The bed has a spray in bed-liner (rhino-liner). It also has skid plates, dual-zone A/C, auto-locking differential, and automatic transmission.

Asking $21,500 - NADA, KBB and Edmunds all show this truck for about $22,500. I'd rather deal local (OH, KY, IN), but will deliver or meet for the cost of gas.

PM or email with questions or for pictures, grove.71@gmail.com

2. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

You got mail.

3. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Congrats on a wise move.I've had 3 Dmax's so if you need any advise,questions,feel free to ask.

4. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Bump

Got insulted at the dealer for my trade-in. $21,250 gets you the truck, and $26,750 gets you the truck, my 4 month old Blizzard 810, and a SnoWay spreader. Truck is already wired and ready to go.

5. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Le t me guess they offered you $15000.00 for it?.... i had the same issue when i was trying to sell my truck. i was like are you freaking crazy? They where like, well,..... with the new body style.... I returned with,.. it's the same as the new "classic"! i hate dealer games.... i ended up keeping mine...

6. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

You don't want to know what they are going for at the sales then. That is what they base there prices off of. Being in the car business i can share a part of the other side of the picture. I passed up a 2005 Ram 3500 crew cab long bed single wheel with 56,xxx miles with a cummins in it, 4x4 went for $17,950 last week at the sale. So that tells you where some of the values are going with the trucks. I will be glade to tell you the Black Book value of your truck................I just bought a 2003 Chevy 2500 extended cab 4x4 LS package Duramax with 49,xxx miles on it for $15,250 dealer cost at the sale. Hope this is a little help not a hinder.

7. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

My local chevy dealer has a black 05, 3500 regular cab, duramax, black with gray interior 45, xxx miles with a clean 8' fisher $18,000 and its ben there over a month. I stopped to look at they said to make an offer because they can't give them away. I ended up going back and the sales guy said they wholesaled it out for $ 14,000.

8. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

WOW id love to find something like that around here for that price! I would buy a couple of them...

9. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Bump! Truck is still available.

$21,000 for the truck, $26,500 for the truck, 5 month old 810PP, salt spreader, and timbrens on front and rear.

This truck must go - make me an offer!

10. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Can you e-mail me sone pictures of it, and also will you sell just the spreader? billk726@aol.com

11. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Email sent...

And for all others wondering it's either just the truck, or the truck and plow and spreader - unless you do the legwork and find somebody to buy the remaining pieces.

12. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Just look and run some auctions, they are out there. A little harder to find if your not a dealer but there should be some open to the public sales you can go to. Shop the back lots at dealers and make offers before things get wholesaled.

13. manda11987

manda11987 Junior Member

This is a deal of a lifetime if its true. I live in buffalo 05 3500's are going for high 20's low 30's. What dealer did u see this at?

14. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

Paddock. Take a ride down Transit road, and look at the prices on big trucks are sitting on lots. They can't give them away

15. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

I appreciate the bumps, but you're not exactly doing anything to promote the FS ad. Please take the conversation to PM or email! Thanks...

16. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Send some pics my way...

17. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

$20,000 OBO for the truck - this has to go ASAP. $25,500 for the truck, plow, and spreader.

18. Focker

Focker Member

Im in the same boat as you are, trucks just aren't worth squat! Its just going to get worse with the continued rise in fuel prices! You have to either take a big hit at the dealer if they will take it back, or just keep it until its almost paid off, then you may be able to break even!

19. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Might as well keep it. You can buy new 07 at the local chvey dealer with 0% interest and 4x4 2500 for 18,900 and it has been there for 4+ weeks.................

20. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

I just bought an 04 reg cab 2500 with a 8 ft boss plow, three toolboxes, a light bar ,and a fuel tank/elec pump pump combo, for $6750. Does have one dent in the door but nothing a few hundred bucks won't fix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.