1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FS: 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500HD w/Fisher Plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by MeeksCo, Sep 16, 2013.

1. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

Greetings Gents. Haven't been on in quite a while. Kind of got out of the snow plowing gig after taking a full time job and setting my business aside.

Looking to sell my truck.
    She's got a little rust here and there and maybe a bruise or two, but a very strong and dependable vehicle.

There are some pictures on the Craigslist ad I created, here is a link for you to check out:
    http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/4071754056.html
    Here is the info that I copy and pasted from the ad:

2001 Chevrolet Silverado LS 2500HD 4x4 Automatic
    Single Cab 8' Long Bed
    Fisher 7'6" Snow Plow with Handheld remote
    6.0L Gasoline 2500 Heady Duty 3/4 TON
    129K Miles

- Keyless Entry
    - Cabin Lights
    - Cargo Lights
    - Newer Rear Tires, Brand New Front tires
    - New Alternator with lifetime warranty from GoodYear
    - Fisher Plow Pump/Motor
    - Sprayed Rhino Liner
    - Heavy duty Trailer Hitch with Hookup
    - Black Cloth Seats
    - Factory CD Player-AM/FM Radio
    - Tractor Supply Diamond Plate Tool Box with Locks and Diamond Plate Bed Rail Covers

--- The Tailgate is Black from another truck. Original tailgate is included with sale: needs rust repaired on bottom corner of it.
    --- Emergency Brake Cable needs repaired.
    --- AC needs repaired. The lines hold coolant. The condenser needs repaired.
    --- Exhaust Manifold on Passengers side has small crack. Not loud.
    --- Has some Ohio Rust. Rockers, cab corners and some areas around fenders.
    --- Some Misc. Scratches and small Dents on the vehicle. Overall good condition.
    --- Has a pinhole leak in a gas line along the inside frame behind filter. Caused/Noticed after dropping tank to replace fuel pump/sending unit and filter late spring of this year.

Fresh tune up with iridium plugs, ac delco wires, two new coils, two new ac delco fuel injectors, wix air filter, new map sensor.
    New Power steering pump, pulley and belt.
    New Front Brakes: Calipers, Pads, Rotors
    New Brake Booster
    Fresh Oil Change and Filter
    New Fuel Pump
    New Fuel Filter
    (2) Brand new GT Adventuro AT/II Tires on Front with less than 1000 Miles on them; Rear tires match the front, though, they are at 75% tread still in great shape.
    There are a lot of updated and replaced parts on the vehicle

6.0L 16V 364 CID
    Horsepower 300 @ 4400 RPM
    Torque 370 @ 4000 RPM
    Fuel Capacity 34.0 gallons
    Wheel Base 133.0 inches
    Overall Length 222.2 inches
    Width with Mirrors 79.7 inches
    Height 76.2 inches
    Curb Weight 5171 lbs.
    Turning Radius 45.3 feet
    Standard Axle Ratio 3.73
    Minimum Ground Clearance 9.0 inches
    Maximum Ground Clearance 12.1 inches
    Maximum GVWR 9200 lbs.
    Maximum Towing 12000 lbs.
    Payload Base Capacity 3779 lbs.

I would not be afraid to travel to Florida and back in the truck. Might hurt a little on gas, but it would be a nice easy ride.
    She can haul, pull, or push just about anything. Very strong suspension and very solid motor.
    I am getting about 9-10MPG with a trailer on the back. I am getting about 12-14MPG in the City and when long hauling over the turnpike the truck averages 13-14MPG on the road.

Not a Gas Saver that is for sure. But a solid work truck.
    Plows snow very well. The Fisher Minute Mount Plow has a new Handheld controller that is very easy to use and hold in your hand while driving and switching in and out of gear.
    The plow has a couple or rust spots and there are a couple of areas where it is rusted out along the top. The blade is still very stong. The pump works great as it has always been serviced after every season before storage.

$6500

216-217-O158
    Feel free to Call, Email or Text

2013-03-23_16-02-56_742_zps1e466020.jpg

2500HD.JPG

2013-03-23_16-05-08_462_zpsc7dd2074.jpg

2. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

Here are a couple more pictures.

Remote Fisher.jpg

truck6.jpg

3. MeeksCo