1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fs: 2000 gmc k2500

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by GreenDuramax04, May 25, 2010.

1. GreenDuramax04

GreenDuramax04 Junior Member

I recently bought this truck for next season but I just found a Suburban I'd like to buy.

2000 GMC 2500 4x4. 5.7L , Auto trans, cold A/C(not that you need it for plowing), 200k miles. Never plowed. Cab and frame are in great shape with no rust. The utillity body does have some rust in front and behind the rear wheels.

Truck runs, drives and looks good, all glass is good but will need rear brakes and tires. There also seems to be an injector that is sticking or clogged.

I'm asking $3500 for it.

00 GMC.jpg

00 GMC2.jpg

2. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

if you were closer I have a 99 3/4 ton suburban with a big block in it I owuld trade ya, then we would both be set.

3. GreenDuramax04

That's what I'm looking at now. I figured a 3/4 Sub would be perfect for a back up plow truck and I could use it to haul the family around if needed.

4. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

Is the bottom of the utility boxes rotted out? Thanks

5. GreenDuramax04

Yea, most if the rust is in the compartments in front and behind the tires. The previous owner laid some plywood in the bottoms. It doesnt look like it would be hard to fix at all with a few pieces of sheet metal.

6. GreenDuramax04

Just had a new injector installed and the rest cleaned. Also installed new front brakes. Truck now runs perfect. He also did a compression check and said that the engine is in great shape and doesnt look like 200k miles. Mechanic said that it does need a left ball joint and it still needs tires. Will still honor $3500 for the truck but once I buy tires and fix the ball joint I may keep it or ask a few more $$ for it.

7. GreenDuramax04

Few more pictures.....

side.jpg

int.jpg

engine.jpg

8. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

Could I see pics of the floors in the utility body? Thanks

9. GreenDuramax04

Here is a few shots inside the doors. The worst one is the passenger side front. They all have some rust but IMO they are very fixable.

door1.jpg

door2.jpg

door3.jpg

door4.jpg

door5.jpg

10. GreenDuramax04

SOLD. Please delete thread. Thanks!