1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FS: 2 Western Snow Plows & Tailgate Salter

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by LB1234, Nov 16, 2010.

1. LB1234

LB1234 Member

I'm thinking of purchasing a western wideout plow..threrefore looking to sell my 8' Western Pro Plow in addition to my 7'6" plow...I'm aking $2600.00 for this plow. If I can't get the 8' sold within this week it will no longer be for sale b/c of winter approaching and needing plow on new truck before winter starts.

8' Western Pro Plow: $2600.00

7'6" Western Pro Plow: $2500.00

SnowEx MiniPro 575 w/wiring & Conrol Box: $700.00

All prices are negotiable. Would like to have sold by end of week if possible so I have time to purchase new plow for winter.

Will get pics up as soon as I can...hopefully by tonight.

2. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

first in line on the Snowex575.....Can you get some pics up? very interested with cash, could come pic it up as soon as tonight or tomorrow.

3. LB1234

LB1234 Member

As for the salter...I have three people calling tomorrow to look at salter...all from craiglist and we all know how that goes. First to show up with the cash gets it.

As for the 7'6" snow plow...sale is pending.

4. LB1234

LB1234 Member

LOL....you have to love craigs list.

An email just a minute ago asked if I wanted to do a straight up trade for a vel something or other scooter and the salter. I simply replied "no". As I'm typing that reply another email comes in stating that you can buy the salter at home depot new for 599, they will give me 400. I reply to them that they have no idea what they are talking about. As I click send I get the email back from the scooter man that the scooter retails for 1500 new and there are only 15 miles on it, its a great deal. I replied back to sell the scooter than and give me the cash for the spreader.

I'm getting some good laughs tonight, sorry had to share my CL experience.

5. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

Still after that Illusive salt spreader lol. Good luck getting this one man!

6. LB1234

LB1234 Member

Sale pending on salt spreader. Someone coming to pick up 9am tomorrow.

Will let know tomorrow evening about pending sale of 7'6" plow.

7. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

what town are you in?

8. LB1234

LB1234 Member

10-15 minutes southwest of Clinton.

9. LB1234

LB1234 Member

salter is sold

10. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

aw man, dang it

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2010
  11. LB1234

LB1234 Member

7'6" plow still for sale...person never showed up for plow.

12. LB1234

LB1234 Member

sorry...would have loved to sell it to a plowsite or lawnsite member but I literally got countless (prob 10+) emails within 8 hours of posting it on CL.The guy that showed up drove 45 minutes and gave me the asking price. I told him the earliest he could pick up was about 9:15...he was there by about five to nine.

Good luck finding another one.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  13. LB1234

LB1234 Member

ttt........

14. LB1234

LB1234 Member

would really like to sell the 7.5' western pro plow before winter starts. Its just going to sit and take up space/get in the way cause I don't have a truck to place it on. Wound up putting the 8' pro on my new truck. Accepting any reasonable offers. thx.

15. windrowsnow

windrowsnow Senior Member
    from nw ohio

what year truck did that 7.5 come off of? my buddy is looking for one to put on his 93 chevy he is ready to deal this weekend if price is right

16. LB1234

LB1234 Member

it came off of a 04 chevy silverado 2500HD. The other truck it was on was a 2000 or 2001 GMC sierra 1500. I don't think it matters as to the type of truck it came off of as I do not have the truck side of this plow. You would need the mounting hardware and wiring harness for your particular truck.

17. LB1234

LB1234 Member

18. LB1234

LB1234 Member

19. LB1234

LB1234 Member

A couple things to keep in mind about the plow. I don't want to be accused of surprises and what not...

The blade is only a season old. I took the old one off b/c rust was starting to become an issue with it. The cutting edge is missing ~6" of the cutting edge on the passsenger side. Got the darn thing stuck between the curb joints and it cracked off last year. I do have an additional edge that is worn that will allow you to get through this season but beyond that I think its basically scrap metal. The cylinders and lines are 100% leak free. Knock on wood no issues what so ever. The frame DOES have some surface rust issues. I simply took a can of black spray paint one day and hit some of those areas with the paint. Also, I rewelded back on and made new lifting points for the ultramount since they were cracked/starting to become ineffective. I also had a welder remove some of the metal from the frame of the plow that the ultramount shoe (don't know what is called) on the truck side goes onto. He removed some of the metal and welded back on some new steel.

As i reread this it sounds like the plow is in bad shape, but it really isn't. I'm just trying to be upfront with all issues/problems that I had with the plow in my ownership (original owner BTW).

thanks

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  20. LB1234

LB1234 Member

Accepting any offers. It is just going to sit. I have it listed on CL for $1850 OBO.