1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FS: 1999 F450 Diesel Dump 4x4

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Emerscape, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Emerscape

Emerscape Member

I have a 1999 F450 Diesel Dump Truck for sale. It has the 7.3 Liter Powerstroke, automatic transmission, 4x4, 9' Mason Dump, and 9' Fisher Plow. The truck currently has 70k miles on it and didn't plow at all this winter. The interior is perfect with no rips or tears in the seats. Tires are pretty much brand new, replaced the alternator a few months ago as well as a battery. I am asking $22,500 in autotrader but will consider reasonable offers. The truck is currently parked on 139 in Marshfield. You can also email me at Emerscape@yahoo.com with any questions. I will post pics by tomorrow night as soon as i figure out how to resize them

f450.jpg

Last edited: Feb 22, 2006
  2. Emerscape

Emerscape Member

bump.....anyone? anyone? bueller?

3. jazak

jazak Member
    from NJ

I would give you $15K for it since its 7 years old with 70K. New one runs around $38K.

4. Emerscape

Emerscape Member

well considering a dealer will give me $17.5k for it as a one sided trade, and most 1999 - 2000 F450s are going for between 18k and 22k I think Im all set with your offer. $38k new also gets you the horrible 6.0 Powerstroke. I like my trucks to run not sit in the shop

5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I think your price is very fair. $22,000 is right on the money. If I had the cash for another dump truck you and I would be talking.

$15,000 is a slam in the face offer. $15,000 is what you would be paying if it was the older 1992 to 1997 body style.

6. jazak

jazak Member
    from NJ

Sorry if you think I was trying to insult you with my offer, my friends who own F450s-550 have said bad things about the 7.3 & I have used my one friends 04 F550 & hes had no problems with his 6.0. Jared

7. Emerscape

Emerscape Member

Jared, Sorry about that Ive just gotten so tired of people giving me such lowball offers. I'm very suprised to hear that your friends have said they had trouble with the 7.3. Do a search on here for the 6.0 and read peoples horror stories. With that said tho doesnt mean every 6.0 produced is a dud.. Conceptually the 6.0 is a great engine, just hasnt proved itself reliable yet.

8. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

WHAT HE SAID!!!!!!!!!!!. I rather have a 6.9 then a 6.0. And the 6.9 had problems.

9. wls

wls Senior Member

I've had quite a few 7.3's, for the most part I've had very good luck with them. My 02, 7.3, I had to have a head gasket put on, dealer said that was a first for them to have to do.
    You have a nice dump there, will make somebody a great unit.

10. Emerscape

Emerscape Member

Truck is sold as if last night. Thank you to everyone for thier comments and considerations. Good luck with this upcoming landscape season.

11. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I know a guy who has 250k on his 7.3 so they are not bad motors

12. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Did you get what you had hoped for out of it?

13. Emerscape

Emerscape Member

yeah i am happy for what I got for it. Not great but not bad either. . Guy who bought it is a great guy, never met him before but more than happy to sell him a great piece of equipment. He does a bunch of things including welding and repairs so if anyone up in Burlington MA area needs welding work done I can get you in touch with him. He showed me some of his work and it is very high quality. Sad to see the truck go but extremely happy to see it go to someone who is a good honest businessman.

BTW i still have a 200 Gallon Lesco Space Saver sprayer for sale. let me know if anyone is interested

14. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

I am. PM me a price.

15. POM Ticks

POM Ticks Junior Member
    from Maine

Has the LESCO Sprayer been sold? We have one of the same and it works great...looking for another.

Thanks

16. Emerscape

Emerscape Member

are you still looking for a sprayer?