1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FS: 1999 Dodge Ram 2500hd 2 Owner Well Maintained No Issues 4x4 5.9l

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by bdschumaker, Apr 11, 2012.

1. bdschumaker

bdschumaker Junior Member
    from IL

1999 Dodge Ram 2500hd For the age and miles this truck has it is in very good condition with alot of miles left in her. This is a 2 owner vehicle. Prior to me owning it, it was a corporate work truck that was very well maintained. I have all maintenance records since the truck was new.

Exterior:
    Overall good condition, no major dents. Some rust has started to show on both front fenders and above rear tires on the quarters. Door,cab & rockers are solid. Rear bumper also has rust. These areas are VERY common on these dodges.

Interior:
    Nothing fancy. Gray cloth bench seat. Drivers side does have tear. Rest of the seat is in great condition. Nothing broke on inside, everything works. Has Cruise & tilt. No power windows or locks.

Drivetrain:
    5.9l Gas V8 w/ automatic trans. Has 4:10 gears with factory lockers in front & rear.
    Transmission still feels solid. Trans was replaced at 115,000 miles. When replaced my understanding is the trans shop fixed the weak leaks in the factory trans when rebuilt. I had the trans fluid flushed & new filter twice a year since owning. It does have a small trans fluid leak and the quick connect on the front cooler. I assume this is cause i flushed the fluid so often. The fluid never need flushed, i was just over precautions because of the bad reputation dodge transmissions have.

Engine runs great!! Does not burn or leak anything. I recently put a new water pump on and changed the intake & plenum gaskets. Newer battery, o2 sensors, plugs, wires & caps. I maintain all my vehicles this way. The water pump was the only thing that NEEDED replaced.

Last time i inspected the brakes still had a lot of life.

Tires were brand new prior to this past winter. It has Firestone Winterforce Tires. These are the best tires i have ever had!!

I have plowed with this the last 2 years. Not a lot, but some. The plow frame shown in pictures is not included and will be removed prior to sale.

I daily drive this truck 40 miles everyday & would not hesitate to drive it coast to coast, except for fuel mileage. :)

If you are looking for a well maintained dependable Heavy Duty work truck this is it.

Located in Rock Falls, Illinois 61071

Price: $4500 obo

IMG_1020[2].jpg

IMG_1021[1].jpg

IMG_1022[1].jpg

IMG_1029[1].jpg

IMG_1030[1].jpg

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  2. bdschumaker

from IL

More Pictures

IMG_1026[1].jpg

IMG_1027[1].jpg

IMG_1028[1].jpg

IMG_1032[1].jpg

3. bdschumaker

from IL

More Pictures

IMG_1024[1].jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

4. bdschumaker

from IL

Price Drop $3500 obo

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

So how many miles are on it?

6. bdschumaker

from IL

That would help, duh. 225,000 miles or close to. It is also on ebay if you want to view the autocheck. Its been a great truck for me!! I just need to add a few doors for the family.