1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FS: 1997 Dodge 2500 Pickup Long Bed CUMMINS

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ALEX516, May 21, 2006.

1. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

1997 Dodge 2500 Pickup Long Bed with 128,xxx on a Cummins Diesel motor.
    ALWAYS changed fluids, truck is white, is 4x4, has towing package, has 8800 GVWR, Good tires, fronts are 80+% and rears are 60%. New batteries last year. Interior is clean, truck is COMPLETELY reliable, and has nothing wrong with it. I've owned it for a little over a year, and I am selling to pick up an extended cab of the same species.
    The previous owner was an elderly man who did welding for a living and carried a medium size welder in it. He passed away and the truck was put up for sale and I purchased it.

Oh, truck has timbrens in the rear, has rear spot lights mounted under rear bumper. Rear tail-lights have hide-away whelen strobes in them.

Truck currently has a back rack (black), a Whelen lightbar on the roof which was custom ordered with independant left alley, right alley, front take down, rear take down (both sets are clear), front flashers (currently blue), rear flashers (currently red), two outer front amber strobes, two outer rear outer strobes (amber). ALL controlled with a Federal Signal Smart Siren SS2000SM touch-pad controller with PA microphone (can be disconnected with plug).
    Also has user configurable siren/air horn functions.

Also has Sirius Sat. radio, BRAND new am/fm/cd radio, Fuel Transfer tank on rear (105 gallons) with 12v pump. Hose and nossle & filter also are with it.

Trailer hitch with new 7 way outlet on it.

Truck has towing package, 8800 gvwr package, heavy duty suspension group, plow-prep group, heavy duty alternator.

ONLY thing wrong with this truck is that the plastic cover for the rear bumper on half of the bumper, (the passenger side) was cracked and flapped so I just removed the half that was broken.

Oh, AND the same thing that has been wrong with EVERY DOdge truck I've had over 15 years, the fuel guage has a mind of it's own!
    Never had the desire to take care of it.

Truck has limited slip diff, heavy duty transfer case, and the gear ratio is the non 4.10, I can't recall the specif # used, but all my truks were 4.10 but this one.

Truck is located in Suffolk County, Long Island, New York, is available for inspection with 4 hours notice, ANY TIME and is FOR SALE TO the first $12,000 as described, OBO. The lightbar alone was $9xx.00, the smart siren unit was $760 new and it's 9 months old. The back rack and transfer tank were pricey, don't recall the amount but if you want the truck without the goodies listed herein, it's at $10,000 OBO.

You can email me at allplowedout@optonline.net or BEST bet is to call me directly at 516-790-0003 ANY time.

I will be out of town from May 28 to June 4th, so nothing is viewable or dealable during that time. I WILL be more open to offers on this truck BEFORE I leave, so make offers if interested.

Pictures available upon request to those INTERESTED WITH FUNDS.

Thanks very much.