1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FS: '04 2500HD, 4WD, plow, salter

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by LB1234, Sep 30, 2010.

1. LB1234

LB1234 Member

2004 Chevy 2500HD, 4WD, 8.0L gas. 7.5' Western Plow, Snow Ex mini Pro 575. 138k miles. Also listed on lawnsite with more of a better discription and more pics. PM if interested. pay attention more to lawnsite than plowsite right now. Asking $13k

1.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

2. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

Willing to sell just the plow?

3. LB1234

LB1234 Member

PM what you are offering for it.

4. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

How old is it? How much use did it see? residential/commercial?

5. LB1234

LB1234 Member

Its either a 00 or 01. Was originally on a 1500 extended cab where I contracted myself out for the first fews years. I then moved it over to the chevy in '04 and have been plowing res/com since then. The metal blade is only a season old (09/10 season). Purchased new in fall of '09. The black frame does have some rust issues. I had a welder remove some of the metal and reweld the frame back to avoid any problems last year. works just fine and none of the hydro lines or cylinders leak. Knock on wood have had zero issues with it...well I did have a clogged screen back in '02 or '03 if you want to count that.

6. LB1234

LB1234 Member

$11,700 for truck, plow, salter

7. LB1234

LB1234 Member

..................................ttt

8. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Might want to get better pics, and a few of the salter, im looking for a complete truck

9. LB1234

LB1234 Member

I'll try and take more pics this evening while the suns up. I do have a pic of the salter on lawnsite if you belong to that.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  10. LB1234

LB1234 Member

11. LB1234

LB1234 Member

truck price $10,200.00

12. MatthewG

Getting really close in price. So what does it need? What would you replace for this plowing season? What doesn't work if anything? Do you have the lid for the 575?

Does the truck have the plow prep package, is the lettering vinyl?
    Thanks
    Matt

13. LB1234

LB1234 Member

Honestly, this truck doesn't need anything. It is a great plow truck. I don't need to replace this for the plowing season...I have a second truck. I bought out my business partner and no longer require this truck. Its sitting on insurance and not being used. I took a closer look at the odometer and it reads closer to 137 than 138...thinks its around 137,100 right now. Everything works except for the speedometer. I got so sick of fixing it (three attempts) that I said screw it and use the GPS for speed. Sometimes the speedometer works and sometimes it doesn't. Its got a mind of its own. The other gauges (important ones) work just fine...oil pressure, trans temp, eng. temp etc, odometer, etc. Windows and locks operate just fine. Defroster fine, AC fine, four wheel low and high fine, transmission shifts great, gonna miss the allison trans, even the rear tailgate works (just no handle). Just pull the two metal guides and she opens. If you came and drove this truck you would see what I'm talking about. I have both the lid AND metal screen for the salter, I just don't want it to grow legs while I'm not around. Yes, this truck has the plow prep package and the lettering is vinyl so removal should not be a problem. Only has been lettered three or four years now.

14. LB1234

LB1234 Member

i misunderstood what you asked regarding replacing anything...

basically it has been done. I replaced the plow blade last season and had the welder cut some metal out due to rust on the frame and reweld new metal pieces in. I also rewelded the arms back on/replaced the arms that pull up the shoes cause they were getting rusty and where starting to break. I just changed the hydro fluid in the plow. I also dropped the reservoir and cleaned out the screens on hte pump and wiped down the magnet inside. You may want to readjust the plow lights b/c the left one is angled a little too high and blinds oncoming traffic. If you really feel up to the task you can start scraping some paint and repainting some of the frame.

As for the truck, if you felt like it you could replace the backup lights that are located under the bumper. There is already a toggle switch located in the dash to turn them on and off the lights just need to be replaced b/c they are broken. Honestly, that is it. Over the years I've replaced oil cooler lines, gaskets, alternators, water pumps, radiators, and other miscellanous things that are too long to list.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  15. LB1234

LB1234 Member

$11,250 for truck, plow, & salter

$9,750 for truck by itself.

16. MatthewG

Isnt it an 8.1? Also price on just the spreader? Id like the whole truck, but I havnt gotten that signed contract for another truck yet....

17. LB1234

LB1234 Member

Correct, its an 8.1L gas. I don't know why but I listed it as 8.0, false advertisement I know...

18. LB1234

LB1234 Member

sorry, send me an offer on the salter and I'll let you know. I'm hesitant to seperate the plow and/or salter from the truck. This truck is a great plow truck and I'm not sure I'm going to have as easy a time selling it without the plow/salter.

19. LB1234

LB1234 Member

$9k for truck

20. coryservices

coryservices Junior Member

9800.00 for complete package?