1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

frozen procaster conveyer!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by vmj, Sep 25, 2013.

1. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I think I forgot to oil my conveyer chain!! Been spraying it with PB Blaster. ive been turning spinner to roll conveyer, and keep spaying it. But it has stoped. spinner is a belt driven... Any one have any ideas??? I keep the exposed part of conveyer.. Thanks,:realmad:

2. lfaulstick

lfaulstick Member
    from PA

i had same issue on western ice breaker i took the conveyor chain off and soaked it in drum of kerosene worked pretty well

3. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Fluid film everyone brags about it

4. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I always sprayed fluid film on it when I put it away for summer....... but I guess I forgot this year!!!! Im hopeing not to have to cut it to take it off...

5. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I think I was able to put a pipe wrench on the shaft of gear box and turn it, been a while since I owned it though.

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Might have to cut a link and pull it off could try the pipe wrench as stated. But I'm thinking the blue wrench us your best option

7. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

mixture of auto transmission fluid and acetone. google it.

8. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

thanks I got it to move with pipe wrench an three cans of PB Blaster!!!! ran chain copletly through and spayed it again.... letting it sit a bit then ill check the links.. only saw a few that were still frozen..