1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Frozen Hydraulic Fluid

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by svt2205, Dec 21, 2008.

1. svt2205

svt2205 Member

Just thought I'd mention this. I was at my local Fisher dealer yesterday having my 7.5' SD plow installed on my F150 and learned 2 things. Never schedule an install on a snow day. Took over 10 hours from start to finish due to all the repairs the guys did. And make sure you guys change your hydraulic fluid ever year.

At least 10 different guys showed up, during the time I was hanging out, with plow issues. 1 had a pick up tube fall out in the pump. Fisher apparently had a production issue (that's what more then one of these guys said) and 9 had ice in the fluid, which encase the pick up filter.

Then again, it was great to have snow in my driveway when I got home. My new plow is great!!!