1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Froze up right wing on my 810

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by coolinthewoods, Oct 31, 2008.

1. coolinthewoods

coolinthewoods Junior Member
    from Alaska

What do you guys do (who keep there plows outside) help keep there wings from freezing up?

2. lubricity

lubricity Member

Well does everything else work?
    Fluid level?
    Maybe just a tap with a malet while triing to move it?
    If not open it up.
    I will help you through it

3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

I don't put them all the way in at the end of plowing. Then as you start out they will free up.

J

4. coolinthewoods

from Alaska

I was trying to avoid "taping" on it to free them up. I guess I'll just leave them out after plowing. Thanks

5. jhook

jhook Senior Member

I was just going to say same as Jerre. I always leave my plow up in the air and leave the wings out about an inch. I found this helps a lot.

6. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I have had mine freeze up a couple times. I just give it a good whack with a sledge hammer on the cutting edge of the wing and that breaks the ice loose.

7. blmland

blmland Junior Member

I used 3M Silicon spray lube and it worked good. I do carry a sledge with me, just in case.

8. coolinthewoods

from Alaska

Thats funny, I used to carry a big orange mallet in the truck last year for that same reason, I left the wings out and open tonight after I was down plowing. so maybe thats the trick.

9. Snowguy01

Snowguy01 Senior Member
    from Erie

when i am done plowing i put them in the scoop position and when i go to leave i suck them back in.

10. Mark Witcher

Even extended out the slide box can freeze in the plow frame.

11. lawnscape48

lawnscape48 Member
    from michgan

my right wing is stuck in scoop and won't come back. it happen today! i push it in to a pole but still nothing what should i do.

12. Mark Witcher

Mine has done that also. Its where it hinges , the two edges are catching each other. Extend the wing all the way and then just retract it in about an inch. Then you can tap it with a large mallet right at the hinge and it usually will free it. At least this is how I have done it.

13. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Jeremy,

Pop the black cover off the manifold, have the S.O. available to try the in cab switch for you.

Take a 3/4 wrench, pop the nut off the outermost double stacked coil. Slide one coil off, stick a screwdriver inside, then hit the extend/retract switch in cab. You want to see if the coil energizes ie does it magnetize and pull the screwdriver to the side of the coil. Test each coil on that valve. If they both energize, then it could be the valve, or it could just be froze. To remove the valve, it takes a 7/8 inch wrench, remove, then slide the coils over it and hit the extend retract switch and listen for the valve clicking.
    BTW, have you been stacking snow?

14. snowandgo

snowandgo Senior Member

lawnscape,

i had the same thing happen today, and it was the harness connector starting to come unplugged.

15. lawnscape48

lawnscape48 Member
    from michgan

thanks john for the help last night !!!!!!!!!!!!!