1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Froze pivot pin

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by fernalddude, Jul 29, 2008.

1. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Ok guys got another rig this summer and Iam rebuilding the plow now got some froz pivot pins.Its a C-8 meyer Question is on the moldboard in pic 2 is the tube welded inside the housing? I have tried heat and porto power with tons of press to push out the pin but to no luck. So Iam down to removing the tube and re welding the parts. I think if I cut the tube close in pics 2 with a fiber wheel the tube will come out but if its welded to the rib or inside the housing iam screwed. The pic 3 is easy with a cutting torch to replace the tube and new pivot pins with grease fittings. So anybody ever remove the moldboard side tubes? :waving: Thanks Eric.....

89PLOW[1].jpg

mold 1.jpg

mold 2.jpg

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

hey glad too see youre still around man. havent seen anything from you in a while.
    nice truck, thats a hell of a cutting edge lol

ps- im no help for your plow :cool:

3. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Hey yes I have been so busy at work but its only five monts till X-mas and iam on rebuilds now with not enought time in the day. Got a sweet deal on this rig but had to go to reneck H#ll to get this but it was worth it.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yep, plenty of them. Gotta cut the boxed section and all off in order to replace the pin tubes...so just torch it all off and start with fresh stuff. Have to cut the rear of the box open first and then cut the tubes loose from the vertical upright on the moldboard.