1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

frount end weight?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by the new boss 92, Apr 14, 2009.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i was looking to at my door this morning, mainly at the front gross weight.but im a little confused on the 2 numbers that are on there.the 2 numbers are 3925/1780. what do these numbers stand for exactly?

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Pounds/Kilograms

3. the new boss 92

alright how do i fugure out how much my exsisting front end weighs?

4. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Truck scale:rolleyes:

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

3925 FAWR....must be a 1500. Like Crete mentioned heading over to the local scale with the plow on will tell you if your over or not. Don't be surprised if you are. ;)

6. the new boss 92

yea its a older chevy. i was just wondering cause i was told that i could put a bigger plow on the front and i was surprised!

7. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Ya most of us are probably over weight on the front end with the plow on... The truck scale is the best way, or you could get a close guess with figuring the weight of the plow etc

8. the new boss 92

does it say anywhere on my truck what the front end weighs or does anyone have any idea?

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No, thats why you need to scale it.

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I know I am way over on my 97. FAWR is 4250. Empty weight 3500, which leaves me 750. My plow weighs over 900, plus it's hanging out beyond the front bumper about three feet. I've never weighed just the front axle with the plow on, but would guess it's around 4750, which puts me over by about 12% which I'm OK with. Plus, my sander sits well aft of the rear axle, which takes some weight off the front.

If you can, take your plow with you to the scale. Then you can weigh each axle separately with and without the plow. Please post the results. Also, what year and model is your truck? Regular or X-cab?

11. the new boss 92

1992 Chevy silverado 1500 single cab short box. i will swing it by my dads work in the next week or 2 and throw it on the scale there and see what it comes out to. ill keep you guys updated on what i come up with just the truck, and the truck and plow.

12. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Don't forget that you want to weight just the front end too, both with and without the plow on there.

13. the new boss 92

well i let you guys know, by next Wednesday, im getting my truck back together now next Wednesday or Thursday for sure. thanks for all the help on the site, you guys are very useful!

14. the new boss 92

so today i was dropping some stuff off at the scrap yard and i weighed my front end real quick. it weighed at 3060. i'm at about 3800 with the plow. just to keep you guys updated on everything just been a little busy and haven't had a whole bunch if time on my hands!

15. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Congratulations on being under! Very few people can throw a decent plow on and still be under weight. My gasser was within 20 pounds of the FAWR - but that didn't last long when I upgraded to the Duramax...

16. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Cool, regular cab short bed helps alot. Too bad they didn't make that combo in a 3/4 ton. 9.5 V, 6.5 sander in back. What a plowing weapon that would be......

17. the new boss 92

yea i love the short wheel base, just want a vee, that's why i weighed it. i think im going to slap an 8'2 power v on it next year!