1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

frount end out of wack!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by the new boss 92, Jun 10, 2010.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

so today i bring my truck in to have the front end all fixed up because its eatting the outside of my tires and its real bad with the plow on. they tell me there is nothing they can do with it because i turned up the torsion bars a few good cranks. all they bull shitting me or is there really nothing they can do because of the bars? Any one experience these problems?

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I think it is they dont want to do the job. There is a caster/camber adjustment on them, in the upper a-arms. Usually they are all rusted up and dont want to move very well. I would go elsewhere to get it done

3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I would try to go to a reputible shop this time. Sonds like u went to town fair tire or something.Cranking on the bars are not gona affect it that much. U might have problems with the frt end but there is no reason it can not be brought to spec.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Like Tom & Brad said, sounds like you need a different shop. If you're eating up both tires, probably toe in is excessive, which is likely from cranking the T-bars. They will definitely need to install a camber kit to line the truck up. That is a great question to ask on the phone to separate the lousy shops from the good ones.

5. the new boss 92

the funny part is it was suburban tire( not sure if they are nation wide) were i bought the tires from. they seemed like they didnt want to help at all and i was shock when they turned the work down. im not sure how to adjust the isf front ends or i would mess with it myself because it goes straight down the road the top of the tires are jus kicked out and i just put new tires on there that cost clost to 1000 bucks and dont want to destroy them.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Turning the T-bars UP results in the tires leaning IN, not OUT.

You need another shop, there's no reason it can't be brought back to near stock specs without any fancy additional parts or effort unless you turned the heck out of them.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Phew, that's what I thought......

I'm guessing the camber isn't that visible, but the toe-in is chewing up the outsides of the tires?

8. the new boss 92

they are about halfway up, its not like they are crazy cranked but they do have a couple turns on them. i talked to my buddy and he said its fixable with out fancy parts aswell and hes ase certified in front end work. hmmmm making me think they didnt want the work now. ill go to a couple more shops today and get the scoop for you guys on what they say. ill get a picture to if i have time. the tops of the tires are actually out on my truck, and my buddys did the same thing wheen i turned his bars up.

9. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

PM sent about repairs.

10. the new boss 92

ok got it,i will hit you up in a couple days im pretty busy with work rightnow and im on luch for a whole 20minuets!