1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Frosty Mirrors

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brad3403, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

Anyone know of a good product for keeping unheated side mirrors clear of frost and ice???
  2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

hey brad, i get a product from canadian tire, (can't remember what its called) but i well get a name for you (you still looking for a loader a decent looking one on kijiji i saw last night)
  3. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Factory heated mirrors. What are you driving?
  4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Years ago when I played ice hockey, they made a face shield that was like a windshield and we used two different things to keep them from fogging or freezing. 1st thing was a product call NO FOG then other was shampoo. Our 1 ton doesn't have heated mirrors and it sucks when they get water from driving or plowing. It gets so bad the guys just have to get out and clean them off every so often.
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

6. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing:I always wanted to "tap into" the nozzel that sprays the winsheild and extend the lines over to the mirrors and mount a nozzel on top of the mirror ( patent pending )
  7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I all ways used deicer. But now I have heated mirrors and I love them.
  8. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

I have heated mirrors too but the bottom towing mirror isn't heated. I would also like to find something to put on there. They normally get so covered in salt i have to clean the whole mirror anyway so i deice them while i clean.

BDEMOTT Senior Member

I was thinking about trying a heated grip element off of a snowmobile or motorcycle, aftermarket they onyly cost about $10. My thought would be to sandwich it between the mirror glass and the plastic its mounted to. Im pretty sure they are 12v. any one ever tried this, I dont know if it would end up getting to hot or not.
  10. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Anti-fog in a bottle. Most snowmobile shops or motorcycle shops will have it.
  11. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

I'd buy that.