1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Frontend too low.......

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by jmg36344, Dec 27, 2008.

1. jmg36344

jmg36344 Junior Member

I recently installed a DX18 snoway on my 89 S10 blazer. I have notice that lately the bottom of the mount scraps the ground when pulling out of certain driveways. Will placing new shocks up front alleviate this or will I need an alternative solution? Thank You for any help!

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Shocks might help as could a set of timbrens. Though on certain drives everything scrapes

3. Blazerboy

Blazerboy Junior Member

Bashers right with the timbrens, I have a set on my 86 s10 blazer with a MT 7.5 and it doesnt sag barely at all, unlike other s10 with smaller plows.

4. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

The timbrens are the "right" way to fix it. In the mean time - you could crank up the torsion bars a bit. it WILL throw off the alignment when the plow is off, however....

The torsion bar adjustments are the bolts basically under the front seats on each side - follow the bar back from the bottom of the control arm - and you should see them.

Jack up the suspension to take the weight off - make 1 turn of each bolt, put the vehicle back down and check ride height. Make small adjustments. When you drop the vehicle down to check alignment - you may have to lean on each fender to compress the suspension.

5. jmg36344

jmg36344 Junior Member

Thank for the quick response. I will see what it will run me to have it installed.