1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FRONT WHEEL DRIVE K10/K1500 anyone

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by welded wrenches, Sep 21, 2009.

1. welded wrenches

welded wrenches Senior Member

Hi all anyone runing a front wheel drive k10. A chevy k10 with a ORD 205 GEAR DRIVE TWIN STICK SHIFTER KIT.Yes it goes alot of places in front wheel drive only..truck has 2 transfercase shifter 1 for front axle and the other shifter for rear axle....i probally have about the only one on here.....replies welcome

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Wouldn't say that, I've been running a twin stick 205 going on nearly 10 years...long before you could purchase store bought kits to make it possible.

2 wheel low is very handy as well as front wheel high when you need just a touch of additional traction without all the herky jerky action of 4WD.

3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

How about some PIC'S......Inside and out .......

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I'll take a couple this evening Rich. Have to run back to the shop anyway.

5. RichG53

Great ... Thanks !!! I would love to see them ......

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

One from above and one from below...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Been working superb for nearly ten plowing and off road seasons now. Almost dislike a truck without the choice of driven axle capability as it's very handy.

7. RichG53

WOW !!! Now I remember those trucks... They were work horses.......
    Thanks ... B&B ......