Snow Plowing Forum banner

Front Valance

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  bowtie_guy 
#1 ·
Guys I would like to put the valance back up however my plow frame is in the way anybody ever modify their valance to fit. btw this is a 99" truck with the 00" body style I would like to have my fog light installed also, any pictures would be nice.

#2 ·
Heres mine wiht my home made Uni-Mount on my 01 HD

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

#3 ·
Yeah Northland my 93" is cut out like that, but I forgot to mention that I have a Boss plow on my 99" thanks. So anybody with a Boss set-up and valance send me some pictures.

#4 ·
Northland, you still have tow hooks? Wish I still did.

DJ, tomorrow if it isn't cold and ranning out I plan to trim my valance on my 06. Running a boss. Not exactly the same valance but you can get an idea. Will post once done.

#5 ·
Bowtie,

You shouldn't need to trim your valance for a Boss frame. I had my Boss on my 04',06' and now on my 02' and never trimmed the valance. Plus you should still have your tow hooks attached, as the frame uses the tow hook bolts.

#6 ·
bowtie_guy Great any pic's would be nice.

#7 ·
Yeah... I was too cheap to buy a Western mount so I built my own. I was able to keep my hooks the way I built it.

#8 ·
Here are the pics. I tried without trimming but kept running into the same problem where it didn't want to bend correctly. I ended up just trimming these 2 spots where the frame is. Will never know unless you bend down and look. I don't have fog lights so I mounted my plow hook ups there for now. I'll eventually mount them somehow in the oval hole on the bumper. Just need to fab up a braket of some sort.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle registration plate

#9 ·
bowtie_guy said:
I don't have fog lights so I mounted my plow hook ups there for now..
I'm a crack head. I was going to use the light hole but didn't in the end. Ended up using the hole for the tow hook which I need to re-install since they can still be on with the plow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.