1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front Trailer Hitch

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by sailorman3, Apr 11, 2015.

1. sailorman3

sailorman3 Junior Member

I have a 8 foot super duty straight blade on a 2013 F250. Has anyone put a front trailer hitch on this type truck with this setup? Thanks.
  2. Sprag-O

Sprag-O Senior Member

Pretty sure most the plow mounts for the newest Super Duties all use the bottom of the frame and replace the blocker beams. As far as I know that is also where the front receivers all mount as well. The older trucks 08-10? maybe earlier had a receiver that mounted to the bumper/tow hook bracket inside the bumper.

I haven't seen that setup for the newer trucks, but is something I've thought about fabbing. Only way I think we can get a winch on our trucks and not mess with the plow.
  3. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

4. Bighammer

Bighammer Member

Front hitch receivers are not as useful as one would think. I guess if you have a winch on a hitch mount, then it probably is worth it, but for moving trailers, they pretty much suck.
  5. Bruinzfan

Bruinzfan Junior Member

I had a Bodiak on my 02 Excursion. Don't know if they make them for the later models. Never used it for trailer. Only for mounting a front platform to carry my Genny when I was towing my trailer where there were no hookups.

Its a brand to look into anyway.