1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

front tow hook speedwing

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by hosenfeffer, Jan 31, 2011.

1. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

Need access to front tow hooks with speedwing installed. Plan on adding a hook on plow /front end somewhere.
    Will not be using it for pulling cars just some minor duty dumpster moving and such where turning around is a pita.
    Currently hook on to truck with plow raised but I do not like the angles on the line. Really want it fairly high up on plow. Any concerns about loads etc?
  2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

If you want to break your plow then go right ahead. I would never put a hook on my plow to pull anything. Take the minute to turn around and hook it to your hitch at least.
  3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

If you weld one on you want to make sure to use one that has the flat strap and do a full weld. Try to match it up with the back support mid way up the blade.

We do it all the time for guys here.