1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front too low!

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by cumminswithplow, Mar 24, 2005.

1. cumminswithplow

cumminswithplow Senior Member

Whats the best way to level the front of my truck? It sits low from the factory. Without the plow on it i want it to sit level. Any ideas?

2. FF279

FF279 Banned

You could turn up the torsion bars a little, that might help.
    C-ya,
    Ryan

3. cumminswithplow

I have a dodge 2500. There are no torsion bars on it. I think those are generally on chevys.

4. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

5. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

6. LuffTruckingLLC

LuffTruckingLLC Junior Member

Dodge front too low

If you do a search on e-bay under front leveler kits there will be 2" lifts for the front. They install above the the shock mount and do not affect the ride. They are around 150.00 plus ship.

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

You could do a search on this topic.
    Don't use lift kits... there for show ,not plowing, why? the springs are soft.
    you can get springs from your dealer it will cost any where from $200 to $275 for the springs from dodge, a 2500 with plow prep comes with a #39 spring on the drivers side and a #38 on the pass side, if you are using a heavy plow like a V-plow use #48 pass #49 driver side, thats what I ues and it works great for me, I got about an 2in lift and very little drop with the plow raised, or what ever combo you think will work best for you. It is an easy fix for a low front end, and it takes about 1 1/2hr to do it your self.
    The entire process has been explained before, so good luck :drinkup:

8. cumminswithplow

I called the dodge dealer today. They told me that you can't get bigger springs for the 05 dodge. They said that with the diesel I already have the big springs. Is there any truth to this or should I call around?

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Sorry, I can't read :dizzy: I didn't see that you had an oil burner. I think you all ready have the #46#47 springs, You could look for a tag on the springs, it will have an # on it the last two #are the # i'm talking about..

10. cumminswithplow

I will go check for that.

11. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Well, since it is a quadcab CTD I would say yes- you should have the strongest springs already- same as the 3500's where a reg cab 2500 CTD May have 1 lighter. They all sit nose down a little from the CTD weight- 3 options really: 1 Timbrens. 2 a 2 inch leveling kit- there are 2 styles urathane or steel- your choice. or 3 live with it. I am probabily putting in Timbrens for next season- 5 years plowing with stock springs.
    Superlift makes lifted springs for older trucks with the CTD, but I don;t know about 05's.

12. cumminswithplow

Mine has the bigger springs already. I also already have timbrens. But when the truck is empty the timbrens do nothing. And as a matter of fact they dont touch with the plow. I am talking about the way it sits in general. I might look more into the leveling kit.

13. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i put as set of 2"front leveling spacers in the front of my 04 ram 2500
    this spacer goes between the spring and the frame looks great .however it does change the attack angle of the plow blade. on the c-8 meyer when angled all the way the plow doesnt scrape completely also youll need longer front shocks

j.reeed

14. cumminswithplow

Cardoctor do you have any pics of your setup?I'd like to see how it sits with that on it.

15. danno

danno Senior Member

I`ve got Daystar 2" spacers. They work great. Also, timbrens. I have about 1/2 -3/4" of space before the timbrens come into play.
    As far as shocks, I have Skyjacker, 2-3" longer, in the front and standard size in the rear.

16. CARDOCTOR

this is with 2"leveling kit in front and h2 hummer 315-70r17 tires
    john

Last edited: Dec 25, 2005
  17. CARDOCTOR

picture of spacer

john

18. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

how long did that take you to install? I am looking inot it for my 96 and would amagine it would be very similar thanks
    Evan

19. CARDOCTOR

not to hard .disconnect drag link disconnect shocks coil will fall out
    to install youll need a spring compressor
    john

20. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

VERY Nice Setup Doc.!