1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front Timbren install on 2005 GMC HD2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dlstelma, Dec 1, 2014.

1. dlstelma

dlstelma Member
    from GR, MI

I'm so *&+^%$^&%^ frustrated with this I can't even speak!! Is there is a trick to installing it? I extended the suspension, removed the wheel and still can't align the bolt through the steel wedge and flat plate to the rubber mount with my apparent over sized fingers. EVERYTHING IS IN THE WAY.....axle, tie rod, sway bar, shock, etc, etc, etc. UGH!!!!!! It looks like you have to have two hands from below pushing the rubber mount to align the holes and another two skinny hands from the top screwing the bolt from top once they see it's aligned! I HATE asking for help!!!:angry::angry::angry:

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

You've gotta use a little finesse and patience to get the pieces slid into place, then use a 12" extension on the socket to get the bolt started.The extra length lets you maneuver the bolt a little easier by getting you above the suspension components. Don't concern yourself with the orientation of the wedge until you've got the bolt started. Once it's started, you can bump the wedge around into the correct orientation with a large flat blade screwdriver. It takes some patience, but I can do the whole job, both sides, in about 15 minutes, working on a lift.

3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

It is a PITA- just takes a little finesse to get everything lined up but with a little patience and some banged up knuckles you'll get it installed!

4. dlstelma

dlstelma Member
    from GR, MI

sounds like i need more patience to get this installed. it looks like the timbrens will be working once i lower it from the jack because i dont have the torsion bars cranked up that much. now i'm wondering if the front end is going to be lifted and the plow won't align....this fight to be won another night, i guess.

5. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

Same thing here, one went right in and the other gave me a little trouble.

6. chachi1984

chachi1984 Senior Member

I installed mine in nov yes they were a bit tricky. too get it started I held the nut and screwed the rubber timbren tight