1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

front suspention

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by truck1500, Nov 14, 2003.

1. truck1500

truck1500 Member

i have a 93 F-150 and was wondering how i could improve the suspention on the front so that it doesnt sag a lot when the snowplow is on it.

2. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

you could add timbrens to the suspension:)

3. A.L. Inc.

A.L. Inc. Member

1500- I had the same truck with a 7'-6" Snoway plow. I had the Timbrens installed and also heavier front springs. Really not the best truck for work but it got me through 5 years of landscaping and plowing. Good luck, Mike

4. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

Try putting a few hundred pounds of ballast in the rear end, too. It will help take a little weight off the front end. Sand tubes work the best.

Mark K

5. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

on the bronco that we had
    we put hd coil springs on the front made a big difference

john

6. truck1500

truck1500 Member

thanks for the help guys i might try to put hd coil springs on it would i be possable to put leaf springs on the front.

7. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

John,did that bronco have the dual shock set-up in the front?I've gotten quite a few calls for possible installs with those dual shocks and coils,was just curious how much custom work was involved.

8. CARDOCTOR

truck had factory dual shocks

the coil was a very easy swap

john

9. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I put F250 extra HD for a 2WD in mine. Works super and doesn't kill the ride. Handles the plow with ease. I'll get the part number and send it off to you!

10. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

I just finished installing the Timbrens on my F-250SD and my chevy 2500. According to the website it increases the F-250SD capacity by 3000 lbs, and adds 1800 lbs to the chevy which was already 4500 lbs. So far, so good. I drastically helped the F-250. Originally, I was going to fabricate a braket to add air bags to the front of the F-250. The air bags are $300.00 a set vs. $147.00 a set for the Timbrens. When you lift the blade you can see a drastic improvement.

11. RacerX

RacerX Junior Member

where did you get the timbrens ?

Im looking for some for my truck.

Dean:confused:

12. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

RacerX,
    In an attempt to comply with the new rules... I just left you a private message.

Tim

13. smokey

smokey Member
    from indy

Will adding HD front coils to an F-150 mess up the alignment?

14. CARDOCTOR

you should have the alignment checked afterwards

we bought are springs from the local parts store
    they were called moog cargo coils

raised the front alittle looked alot better

john

15. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Timbrens are deffinately the way to go, installed them in 30 minutes, can't hardly tell the difference in ride vs. stock and really helped in the height of truck with the plow attached.

Check out the pics.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  16. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

with the plow down, you can barely see a difference

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  17. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

FYI the part number for the F250 coil spring is TRW CC844S. These are HD designed for the added weight of a plow. They MUST have the S at the end of the part number. I have had great sucess in my 93 F150 with these! Good luck.

18. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

hey eyesell did you buy that plow just to mach the truck or did you paint the truck to match the truck to match the plow.lol:D

19. truck1500

truck1500 Member

i think that i am going to try the timbrens thought about the springs but people have told me that it is hard to get the coil springs in and out. do you have to do any drilling to put the timbrens on. hey eyesell were in michigan are you from

20. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

It depends on the truck. I did not have to drill or change anything on my 99 F-250SD, or the 01 Chevy2500HD.