1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front Suspension needs more BEEF

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by harrington82, Nov 1, 2012.

1. harrington82

harrington82 Junior Member
    from 03759

So I have a 2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 I use the truck primarily to plow my 400 footer and during the storm I will drive with plow to work so I can directly plow when i get home. So My question is is there something out there other than those dumb leveling kits where I can take out the stock Coils and add in much stiffer coils or maybe a hole strut assembly that is much stifffer? I am pretty sure they eliminated the torsion all together with this model year...its the new body style. If this helps. Thanks for looking

-danussmileyflag

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/d...year/2008/make/chevrolet/model/silverado-1500

bolt on top of strut and keep factory ride quality .

or

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/r...year/2008/make/chevrolet/model/silverado-1500 some of these kits require left / right part #'s so double check first.

both bolt in and will require realignment.

havent seen much on stiffer coils / or spacers to make coils tighter. having had these apart before i can tell you you realy dont wana make the coil to tight in there with spacer its real stiff and hard to get back togther.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  3. harrington82

harrington82 Junior Member
    from 03759

Thanks for the reply! I was hoping to find something similar to th coil pack that you listed. I'm not sure if I would like the plastic puck to push the front end up. Seems like it would do very little with weight distribution...then again I'm no expert...basically what I am looking to do is heighten the front but also take bounce out while driving on rough terrain. So would it be better to go the coil pack route because of the better shock and coil height? Or is this whole coil strut assembly made just for looks and no weight handling?

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

that rancho bolt in level unit has adjustable shock levels for how soft or hard the shock works. otherwise thats the down fall of the non t-bar trucks not much out there for extra weight bump up.