1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front Strobe Location

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by White Gardens, Dec 28, 2012.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Getting ready to put LED hideaways in my 05' F-150.

Does anyone have a thread or pics of hideaways in this type of headlight.

Just trying to figure the best location for them before taking the plunge and drilling holes.

Thanks.

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i put them in the blinkers. this way they are visible from both front and side.

3. White Gardens

The problem is that I have the one piece headlamp assembly for all the bulbs. The turn and park bulbs are orange and not in separate compartments.

I'll have to shoot a pic and see what people think.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

5. White Gardens

Sweet, thanks, that should get me going in the right direction.

I knew there was a thread on Plowsite where I think Disociative had started about strobe placement, but I couldn't find it.

6. White Gardens

Dug up this from a Google search, led me to plowsite and an attached photobucket image.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=95439

The poster had a response that said it was a good location, think I'll go this route.

Thanks for the replies.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  7. tjctransport

yup. and when it is a amber lens, i put a clear bulb in instead of a colored bulb.

8. White Gardens

Any video I've seen states that you should put the same colored strobe behind the same colored lens for full effect. Not sure if that's true or not, but it did seem brighter if the corresponding led hideaway was the same color as the lens.

I got amber led Hideaways, I hope that wasn't a bad decision. I guess I do have the amber lens on the side of the light body, but I think I'll put it closer the the convex of the headlight to get as much reflection as possible.

They are the Strobes N More E series, and even the guys with the amber and not clear said they still put out a really good amount of light.

9. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

10. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

Your youtube video state the clearance lights (cab lights) aren't Atomic, what are they?

11. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

i put the kit together using LED bulbs, 2 relays, and a sho-me LED flasher.

12. tjctransport

my experience is that colored tubes are always dimmer than clear tubes. if possible i like to use clear tubes with colored lens.
    and i never put strobes in the headlight housings, when the headlights are on they render the strobes almost useless.

13. White Gardens

Not too worried about that. It's on my Ford and the strobes will only get used when the plow is on the truck, so the headlights won't be on at all when the strobes are in use as the plow lights will be on.