1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

front springs

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by toyman, Dec 1, 2008.

1. toyman

toyman Senior Member

I found a 2001 F250 SC diesel. I have a 99 with a 5.4L and a 8-6 western V plow. I want to put the plow on the other truck but am wondering what you guys are using on the front springs. Are the X code springs heavy enough to handle the weight of the diesel and the plow?

Should I be looking at aftermarket springs.

Toyman

2. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I had that truck but a cc. Add a leaf but don't buy the add on ones. Go to a frame and axle shop and have them cut you a full spring that goes from shackle to shackle. It will raise your front end about 2" so the truck will look close to level with out a plow. Front will still be down a little. Looks better IMO. It will ride almost the same as stock, but you won't get all the drop with a plow on. The short add-a-leafs will make it ride like a bucking bronco. JMO