1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front spring upgrade 03 2500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by jj112, Jan 5, 2004.

1. jj112

jj112 Junior Member

Hey Guys,

I have an 03 2500 sport quad cab Hemi, with 8 foot box that I mounted a Meyers 8 foot blade on. The front end seems to squat when the plow is on and raised. Any suggestions on where to buy beefed up coil springs, or will Timbrens work on that truck??
    By the way, I installed the plow during a snow storm in the Philadelphia area on December 5th and the truck was awesome to plow with. Ok I waited to long to install it but it was fun to operate under the gun. I also did not cut my front valance for the tubes just compressed it a little, lost the tow hooks though.

Also, any suggestions on where to mount the Meyer touch pad? I am left handed and prefer the control to be on the left side of the dash?

Thanks for your help in advance
    JJ

2. Cross plowers

Cross plowers Junior Member

does your truck have the snowplow prep package?:salute:

3. jj112

jj112 Junior Member

Yes, snow plow prep and trailer tow package.

4. Big Ram Man

Big Ram Man Junior Member

Just curious jj why did you have to remove the tow hooks?

5. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

I have heard that they take the same springs as the 2nd generation trucks (94-02). Timbrens will definitely help, but springs are the best way to go. Go to your dodge dealer, and ask them, they can order them for you.