1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front Spread Side Dump Salter

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by JD Dave, Jan 14, 2012.

1. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Nice truck Dave. What kind of spread pattern vs your vbox? Does any salt get to passenger side pavement?
  3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

First sander I ever drove was set up with the spinner there, much better for driving around in ice storms on the hilly lots we have, Ours was a front dump and the drag chain went across the box. The benefit was you just pull the hinge pin and put it in the back for the summer as a rear dump. Does it feel side heavy ever?
  4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It gets a bit over to the passenger side but we actually put rubber belting to limit the sandblasting of the underneath of the truck. I like running a front spread better then rear spread because you can see exactly where the salt is going and you don't have to back into corners because you can just throw the salt into them. You can salt sidewalks along building extremely well which I really like. The down side it the spread pattern isn't quite as good as a rear spread and your truck runs through a lot of salt. We use to have a Frink 2 way box like your talking about Markus. You really don't notice any side weight difference.
  5. A Man

A Man Senior Member

Beautiful Truck, I still can't believe that box is stainless steel. Every year the pail of salt gets heavier and the side spread becomes more appealing.