1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

front speakers dont work

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by plowin207, Mar 8, 2010.

1. plowin207

plowin207 Member

the two front door speakers in my 01 sierra arent working i swapped in a cheapo radio from walmart last year or the year before and after i did it the radio never seemed as loud the other day going down the highway my son was asleep so i tried to fade it more towards the front so i could hear it over tires and ladder rack and not keep him up and it sounded like the radio was shutting off it just got really quiet so today i went out and put my head near the speakers and you could hear but it sounded like it was a mile away it was really quiet but the back ones work fine i know nothing about sound systems or radios or what ever it is all like french to me so i was wondering before i go chasing wires or ruining something and having to take it to a sound shop could this be as simple as a wire hooked up wrong or a bad adapter. any ideas for what to look for thanks

and just a rant but it seemes liek it is one thing after another with my freaken truck lately im about ready to drive it somewhere and :gunsfiring::gunsfiring::gunsfiring:

2. marylandbigb

marylandbigb Member

you may have a wire crossed or shorted out !! did it happen immediately or did it take the year too realize it?? you may just have a bad speaker that is killing the front channell circuit!! when you r listening do u hear popping or static in the front??? most of these trucks had a speaker and a tweeter in the front doors i would recommend pulling a door panel at a time in front and unhooking the connectors one at a time and see if the other side comes on when it is unhooked

3. plowin207

plowin207 Member

it has been quieter ever since i put the new radio in but i just thought it was because it was a crappy cheap radio i didn't realize it was because of the front speakers till the other day. and the speakers never make cracking and popping like they are blown thats why i never checked i guess i will have to pull the truck apart tommorow to check wires