1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

front shocks

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by overtime, Jan 16, 2010.

1. overtime

overtime Senior Member

I'm planning to put new shocks on my truck. Wondering what's the best. I have read some people put the rhonco (whatever there called) sorry. Have a 2000 1500 with 7.5 V plow. Any input would be great
  2. ondagawood

ondagawood Senior Member

I'd go with the "Bilstein" brand, I'm planning on getting new ones in April.

my 2 cents

Good luck.............:nod:
  3. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I have bilsteins and I like them a lot. I would definitly by them again
  4. overtime

overtime Senior Member

Seems like bilsteins so far what are everyone else using? Bump
  5. aeronutt

aeronutt Senior Member

I have Bilstein heavy duties and wouldn't trade 'em for anything. They work much better than stock shocks.
  6. Outty330

Outty330 Member

I'm running the Rancho RS 5000 on my 99 Silverado and they work great. The Bilsteins are a nice shock also.

Rancho RS5000
    Double-welded mounts with hardened rubber bushings
    Double-chromed 5/8" hardened rod.
    Ten-stage, velocity-sensitive valving.
    High-capacity twin-tube design.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  7. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

Bilsteins seem to be the favorite among GM truck guys everywhere, they are kind of expensive but worth the $$$ IMO.
  8. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Bilsteins are OEM on my Tundra with the off-road package. Stiffer ride but well worth it. Superb off road on dirt roads. Wouldn't trade'em for anything.
  9. overtime

overtime Senior Member

i think i will go with the Bilsteins! Thanks Guys
  10. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

I think Bilsteins were OEM on my '03 2500hd Duramax. I think they feel like mush unless they are wore out. I like the firm control of Rancho RS5000.