1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front Rotor

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by allabout, Feb 3, 2001.

1. allabout

allabout Member

Is it a big job to remove & replace front rotor (95 2WD.)3500

2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

If its a C&C (tube axle):

Drop the wheel, remove the caliper, remove the 1 13/16 nut from the axle stub, get the snap-on adapter that bolts to the studs, and screw on your monster mother---'in slide hammer. It will come off in about six whacks.

If its a pickup (IFS):

Just like any other RWD vehicle; remove the nut and off it comes bearings and all.

3. allabout

allabout Member

It's a 1 ton dump with 4 nut's on back side & I think about 6 or 8 on front after tire is removed. Thanks. (very rusted bolts.)

4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

But is it tube axle or independent suspension?

5. allabout

allabout Member

I think it's tube axle. does the rotor come off with the wheel barring.

6. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

If its like a gm, and I think it is. You will need to remove that entire assembly, then the rotor unblots from the hub assembly. They make them two piece to save money so you dont have to buy the entire dually offset assembly.
    Remove the assembly like Bill mentioned, and then unblot the rotor from the hub. The studs are pressed in like a wheel stud. Once off, reverse proceedure to reinstall.
    Dino

7. allabout

allabout Member

Driver side rotor is off the other rotor will not come off lots off rust sprayed it & let it sit overnight let's hope that works.
    Thanks for the help.