1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

front passenger axle tube bering

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by the new boss 92, Oct 15, 2010.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

so latly i have been feeling a weird vibration in my front end on my truck listed in my sig. today i had some time to crawl under there and wiggle some stuff and came across a very loose front axle on the passener side:eek:. now im trying to figure out what loosein there bering possible or a seal? its not leaking anything from it just very loose, and i dont know whats in there. any one know what could be bad?

2. the new boss 92

im thinking a bering in the axle tube, the in and out play is the same on both side very minimal!

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If there's considerable up and down movement (more than about .020) in the axle then either the axle surface where the bearing rides is worn or the bearing itself is worn. Either will cause a vibration but the axle usually wears before the bearing.

Surprised it isn't leaking.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Unless it's really low.........

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Has to leak first. :nod:

6. the new boss 92

So there is a bering in the end on the tube then? I know I'm topped off on fluied I just filled everything a couple weeks ago when I put my new trans in. There is also no traced of oil around the tube.do you know the part number for the bering in the tube by chance?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes there's a needle style roller bearing about an inch inward behind the seal. The correct p/n for it would depending on where you're buying from. Simply ask for a front outer axle bearing and you should receive the correct one.

8. the new boss 92

Alright cool you the best help on the site BnB