1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front or rear snow blower for sub compact tractor

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Hedgehog, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Senior Member

I'm looking at purchasing a kubota bx2370 with a front end loader and snow blower. I have a choice of front or rear mounted snowblower and was looking for advice from anyone that has owned one. The rear mounted is cheaper and allows me to keep the loader on the front. The front is more money but allows me to not have to keep looking backwards when snow blowing. Any advice is appreciated.
  2. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

I'd keep it on the rear just because it's nice to hsve the loader on. I've had both set ups. It can be a pain to alwsys look backward, but you'll get used to it.
  3. Sprag-O

Sprag-O Senior Member

I'm looking to get a 72" rear mount for the old ford.

It's a pain to look back all the time with the backblade I currently have, but I'd trade all of that for when I need the bucket to extract my dumb self, or need to lift some icy banks.
  4. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

5. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

how much snow are you having to move on avg?

how many times a year?

and what is your plowing area?

any pics of your driveway area?

to give you a better answer need to know more information?

also due you have a shed to store all this?
    hook up the blower?
    take the loader on/off?

is this a blower goes on at the start of the year and stay's on or will it be on/off with the big storms?

6. vtzdriver

vtzdriver Senior Member
    from Vermont

I have a BX2200 and BX2660 with front blowers and a B2410 with rear blower and FEL up front.

With a rear blower, it is more than just twisting your head and reversing- you have less control of how close the blower gets to objects.

I use the BXs with front blowers for almost all snow removal. I can clean right up to within inches of any obstacle, plus I am done in much less time.
  7. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

if you are blowing the snow there should not be any piles to deal with...might want a blade on back to scrape with
  8. BiffNH

BiffNH Junior Member

3 pt hitch snowblower

I have been using a 60" rear snowblower on my Kubota B7800 and it is a beast. It moves snow like crazy. Having the loader on is great for moving piles and breaking piles up so I can then blow them away. Now that I have a RTV with V-plow I don't use the snowblower as much and I am thinking of selling it. I do, however, think having the loader/snowblower combination to be great.
  9. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Um, what?

No. Rear mount blower gives you MORE control. The front wheels are the steering wheels, which means you're pivoting around the rear wheels while backing up. So much more control, unless you happen to have all feet.
  10. Fender5803

Fender5803 Junior Member

IMHO I'd say he is correct. Much like backing into a parking spot is easier if it's a tight fit...