1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front Mount Trailer Hitch Receiver

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Bullet481, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Bullet481

Bullet481 Junior Member

Does anybody know if having one of these will effect a future plow mount on my truck? I have a 2006 2500HD.

Thanks in Advance!

2. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

Most likely you won't be able to have both because they use essentially the same real estate to mount to the frame.

3. Bullet481

Bullet481 Junior Member

I was kinda thinking that but wasnt sure. Anymore opnions?

Thanks!

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Einstien had an opinion, "two physical objects cannot occupy the same space in time"

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Make a hitch to go in the plow mount? That's my plan at some point.

6. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Depending on what type of undercarriage you are using, you may be able to "rig" a receiver to it. My buddy had a plate with holes welded to a receiver to allow square U bolts through it and attach to his Boss undercarriage. He only uses it to haul his bikes when he has his fifth wheel hooked on. I'm not sure how much weight it could handle, but it might work for you too. the only disadvantage is he has to remove it in the fall. The plow wont go on when its on

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It is not difficult for a experienced fabricator to incorporate one into the plow mount.

8. Bullet481

Bullet481 Junior Member

Where I'm headed with this is, I'm in the landscaping biz and wanting to mount a leaf vac to the front of my truck via a front hitch receiver. I eventually want a plow so I figured this would be the best place to ask. I figured ask the guys with the plows and see if anybody could advise. So thanks for the opinions all. Im thinking I'll do the hitch receiver now and if the plow comes along one day have somebody fab me a mount that will attach to the plow mount for my leaf vac like I've seen done already. Thanks for the input guys.

9. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

My off road buddies have receiver tubes bolted to the inside of there frame rails. You can get them just about any where I know Napa sells them. Look at some off-road sites. I now a lot of off-road stores sell the kits as well. And it will work with a plow on. The Napa part# is BK755-2301 its 24" long or they have 6",8",or 12" .I hoped I helped out

I love my Z

10. Bullet481

Bullet481 Junior Member

Hey blazer,

I tried looking up the Napa part and it doesnt come up. I would like to see what this part looks like. Thanks for the help.

11. blazer2plower

I'm looking at there 2011 PSA catalog right now. It's on page 140 with the hitch and towing. It's just a long tube. It is what your receiver would slide in to. Great plains sells them to part# 605677-9206

12. blazer2plower

Ill try and get a picture of my buddies truck this weekend and post it so you can see it

13. Bullet481

Bullet481 Junior Member

Thanks alot

14. blazer2plower

I can't upload pictures can you p.m. you cell number so I can text them to you. My phone and computer are not working today. I hate phone updates.

I love my Z

15. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I am in the process of building one now. Not on a Chevy but it does not matter. It will fit in-between the Fisher Minute mount ears and simply bolt and unbolt with just 4 bolts.I cut up a hitch set up someone was throwing out. It is from a MOPAR. Does not matter steel is steel and it was free. I will create a new post on the build when I am done.
    T.J.

16. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

Mount

Here's one I made for a Boss mount. I have a bike rack, spare tire carrier, hitch ball that can slide in . My rear plow mount interfered with the under bed spare. Pull the hairpin, slide the long pin out and the rest lifts right out. My fabrications usually aren't pretty but they work for me.

2012-06-30 15.02.57-1.jpg

17. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict