1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front line or First trax plow?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by RDILLON, Jan 28, 2016.

1. RDILLON

RDILLON Junior Member

I am new here, this is my first post, thanks for having me! Looking at buying a plow, don't want to spend 6000.00. Have seen these Frontline and First trax plows online. I believe they are both from Canada. Just wanting your thoughts or share your experiences you may have had with either of these. I would be getting the top line model, full hydraulic angling.
    There is about 1000.00 difference in these, with the frontline around 2000.00, and the first trax around 3000.00.
    Your thoughts please! Thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What's the main use for the plow?

3. RDILLON

RDILLON Junior Member

A couple of miles of gravel driveways, and a couple of 30+- space asphalt parking lots. I am planning to put it on my 2001 k1500 Suburban.

4. dieselss

Where are you located?

5. RDILLON

RDILLON Junior Member

Southwest VA. We just got about 16 inches. We typically get 2-3 decent snows a year.

6. dieselss

I thought they were Canada plows and hard to get in the states.
    Imo I'd look for a used plow set up here. More support and depending upon brand.....anyone can work on them

7. RDILLON

RDILLON Junior Member

Pretty good points you have there. Thanks.
    Anyone have any experience with either of these brands?

8. RDILLON

RDILLON Junior Member

Well, I talked myself out of either one of these. Well, diesels, you may have influenced me a tad... Shopped around for used, ended up buying an 8ft Hinicker attached to a 1997 f350 4x4. This plow seems to be good quality, still in good working condition. I think we'll get along fine.

9. dieselss

Nice....now pics or it never happened mister.......

10. RDILLON

RDILLON Junior Member

Maybe another day for a picture. I'll put it on the to-do list. The truck is a f250, I see that I said 350 above. Thanks again for your insight diesels.

11. dieselss

No bother. Good luck with it

12. RDILLON

RDILLON Junior Member

I'm sure you've seen the required picture on the Hiniker thread. I believe this will more than meet my needs. Thanks!

13. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

We all know about a hinker. dieselss gave you some good advise, No pictures no plow. No pictures your just surfing, Good Day

14. RDILLON

RDILLON Junior Member

There's an awful lot of good advice on this forum. We rookies just need to be smart enough to listen!:nod: